LIII

My Christmas List: December 24th
Please let this event run smoothly. 

❆❆❆❆❆❆

I smoothed my hands over the silky gold material that clung to my body. It was like gold had been melted down onto my body, and then decorated with small shimmering diamonds. 

It felt like every single moment had led up to this, and while Armani and I hadn't discussed what came next, we both knew that our futures were bonded together. 

I could already imagine, the upcoming ski trip that Idalia was rambling about—the beautiful spring mornings that Armani and I would spend cuddled up together—or the summer days spent in Italy with her entire family gathered. 

Soon autumn would swing back around with all the holidays falling back into place. I even began to wonder what we'd dress up as for Halloween, or how we would be spending our Thanksgiving. It was like we had so much in store—an entire life waiting on us. 

I adjusted the golden silk material that fell from the skinny straps of the dress, pulling my mask on over my face covered in neutral makeup. The gold embezzled mask not only covered the upper half of my face, but it verged up to the top of my head, sitting on my silky dark hair that was cascading down my back. 

My eyes stared at my reflection, grabbing my nude gloss to apply one last time before exiting the bathroom. Armani was already ready and out in the living area with the rest of her family, which anyone could hear by the faint conversation drifting through the walls. 

The air was filled with excitement and anticipation. For me, it was mostly, nervousness, but I knew it would soon fade. 

My gold open-toed heels clicked against the floors as my hands drifted over my diamond earrings and matching necklace—making sure everything was in place. 

Finally, as I made it to the door of Armani's bedroom, I took a deep calm breath in, opening the door which allowed the chatter to grow in volume. 

I walked out, joining the talkative group that had suddenly grown silent due to my presence. 

Idalia was in the black and red dress we picked out yesterday with the matching mask, Emilia was dressed in a similar black dress that matched Idalia's but clung to her body instead as a red mask illuminated her eyes, Dominico matched the two—wearing an all-black tux with a red tie and a matching red mask. 

Stella was dressed in a deep emerald green dress with gold jewelry and a matching mask—while Alessandro was dressed in a matching emerald green tuxedo with a white button-up underneath the green suit jacket, his mask was gold like Stella's but instead of shimmering diamonds, it was a smooth mask, covering the upper half of his face. 

Then there was Armani—and my god did she look good. 

She was dressed in a white pantsuit with a detailed gold mask that outlined her dark eyes. A delicate gold chain hung from her neck while gold studs shimmered in her ears. Her short hair was gelled to perfection as usual and her posture was taller than ever. She looked... I couldn't even fathom a word to describe how she looked. 

It's like trying to take a picture of the moon—your phone will never do it justice. 

Finally, Idalia said, "She looks like a princess!" 

"She looks very beautiful doesn't she?" Emilia said, smiling at me, which earned a nod of agreement from Stella. 

My smile grew, looking toward Idalia, "You look absolutely stunning as well," I said, which made Idalia's smile turn into a grin. "Honestly, you all look amazing," I said, motioning to the group.