LV

My Christmas List: December 24th
Please let Armani be alive.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

"Look, I'm sorry for how I treated you—I'm actually glad I bumped into you," Heidi rambled, walking over to me as I gathered the rest of my broken emotions. "You and Armani look really happy, and I honestly think I was just jealous and upset that I wasted my time with her—"

"Heidi," I cut her short, causing her brows to raise slightly. "Look I appreciate the apology, but we have more important things to handle right now," I said, walking quickly through the open doorway.

Heidi trailed behind me, our heels clicking quickly down the hall as our brisk pace turned into a full-on run. "Mira-Mira, what's going on?" she called, as she tried to catch up with me.

I felt hot tears swarm my eyes at what I was actually about to say, but I blinked them away, I can't show emotion right now. "There's a hit on Armani."

I heard Heidi gasp, her heels clicking close behind mine. "What? Everything seemed to be fine when I left—"

"Good, that means it hasn't happened yet," I breathed my thoughts aloud between labored breaths—my hope was back surging within me as I ran even quicker.

I had run in heels before, but nothing will ever compare to this moment. To this level of running.

As we neared the main area of the event, all I could hear was silence, making my heart lurch in my chest.

I don't think I could handle it if she turned out to already be dead. I actually wouldn't be able to live with myself, knowing I had some sort of role in it.

Knowing that I couldn't save her.

I felt my running halt almost immediately when we made it to the main area. The silence wasn't because a leader was shot—instead, it was because a leader was presenting a speech.

She's alive.

I felt an insane amount of air finally fill my lungs at the glowing sight of her. She's alive.

Thank God, I made it in time.

"See, everything is fine," Heidi said, motioning to her.

I shook my head with furrowed brows, glancing around the room. And even though Diana was nowhere to be found, I knew the plan was still in motion.

In fact, I think the plan was happening now.

My eyes widened at my own revelation, "It's about to happen," I breathed out.

"What?" Heidi asked, looking over at me.

"They're going to kill her while she's giving her speech," I said, my voice more clear as I frantically looked around the room.

I don't have a choice, I have to stop the speech.

"Mira, don't—"

"Her life depends on it," I cut Heidi short, walking past her toward the black glossy stage.

With each step I took, I only felt farther away, like each second that passed by was really a minute instead.

Luckily, Armani hadn't begun the speech, instead, she was gathering a stack of papers at the tall matte black podium as the crowd remained silent.

Even though there was an entire silent crowd watching Armani intently, I didn't hesitate, I passed the two guards, who both gave me a confused nod of approval as I went up the few stairs.