X

My Christmas List: December 5th
Please don't make me meet Armani's entire family.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

I woke up the next morning, ready to get to work and stay as far away as I could from Armani—which seemed doable. I mean she was a mafia boss, she should have a lot on her plate.

I got dressed in a baby pink long-sleeve turtle neck dress, pulling a nude oversized blazer over it with matching heels. My shiny dark hair was down and perfectly fluffed and parted. When doing my makeup, I purposefully matched a shade of nude lipstick to my outfit before pulling on my jewelry and spraying myself with perfume.

When I exited my room, I felt somewhat refreshed and prepared for a new day. I knew when I walked to the living area down the hall, I would inevitably see Armani—however, I did not expect an older man sitting at the kitchen island drinking a cup of coffee.

I tilted my head, taking in his slightly tanned skin that resembled Armani's. His dark hair was in a fade, which illuminated his sharp jawline and he was dressed to the nines in a perfectly crisp white button-up and grey dress pants. His dark eyes were sternly on his phone as he typed frantically, which in a way, reminded me of Diana whenever she got really invested in emailing back and forth with a client.

The unfamiliar man looked up, almost as if he could feel my stare. He furrowed his brows, analyzing me fully before saying, "My apologies... I don't think we've been introduced."

I easily picked up on the Italian accent lingering behind his smooth deep voice. Either he's Armani's brother or he's just someone a part of the mafia. But then again, how else would he have gotten up here?

"I'm Mira Cadieux," I said, and he titled his head. I didn't exactly know what to say... I guess I could've started with I'm an interior designer. And that would've served as enough information.

The man blinked a few times. "And Ani—or maybe your boss has you staying up here?" he asked. "On her personal level?"

I suppose I should've informed him of my real purpose here. I stayed silent, knowing the answer to his question but not the explanation behind it. Armani never explained why she put me on this level with her, so how would I explain it to him?

"Yes, I do," I heard Armani say, her heels clicking against the floors as she entered the room. I couldn't help but take in her outfit. It was much less formal than her usual look, but somehow just as sexy.

She was in a black knit turtleneck with black high wasted jeans and shiny black red-bottom stilettos. Her face was bare and her hair was gelled to perfection while her skin glowed flawlessly.

"Domi how are you?" she asked, walking over to him. I took in her voice and how... excited she sounded? It was odd.

The man stood from the high barstool, pulling the woman into a hug. Their height was perfectly the same except Armani was slightly taller due to her heels.

Armani pulled away from the brief hug, looking over at me. "Miracle, this is my older brother. Dominico."

The man flashed me his perfect white smile. "So Mira is short for Miracle—how unique," he said, walking over to me, holding his hand out. "It's nice to formally meet you."

I shook his hand as Armani walked over to us. "You as well," I said.

Dominico turned to face his sister. "So is she your girlfriend or—"

"She's not," Armani cut him off, typing on her phone. "Please never assume that again."

I won't lie, I felt slightly offended by her answer, but then again, what did I expect her to say? More importantly, what did I want her to say?