XXXV

My Christmas List: December 12th
Let Armani and her father's relationship be okay.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

As I drifted from the deep sleep I was forced into, pain struck down not even on just my head but also my right arm, forcing my face to scrunch up and a whimper to vibrate in my throat.

"Miracle?" I heard a voice call, but I couldn't seem to get my heavy eyes to open.

They felt crusted shut.

I hummed slightly, "Yeah?"

My voice sounded so weak and dry. I could barely even force the one word out.

When my eyes finally fluttered open, the first thing I saw was a concerned Armani. I blinked a few times, looking around the bright room.

I'm in... Armani's room.

Wait but how—

And then it all came back to me. Sort of like a faded memory but it was there.

Going to the harbor, meeting Ollie, Alessandro and Ollie getting into a fight, the gun that managed to find its way into the mix, the two muscular guys, and...

And me.

I actually shot a gun. At least I didn't actually kill someone.

But I thought I did. And to know that I would've done something like that is a lot to process.

"Armani..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say first. That I killed someone, passed out, or all the above.

Her face was softened, regret clearly expressed on her features. "Come here," she said, pulling me into a warm embrace, which instantly comforted my nerves.

"I-I didn't mean to pass out," I said, my arms tightening around her torso. "I didn't mean to seem weak, I'm so sorr—"

"Don't," she said, rubbing her hand gently up and down my back. "You're far from weak, and he should've never put you in such a situation, to begin with."

I pulled away from her slightly, meeting her dark eyes. "I-I shot someone."

Armani frowned. "I know my love," she said, pecking my lips briefly. "I'm so sorry that he put you through that—Jesus him and his stupid fucking tests," she said, shaking her head. "I'm actually going to kill him, Miracle."

I could tell she was antsy—bursting with anger at the seams—especially when she stood from the bed, pacing the room.

I forced myself to stand as well, walking over toward her as I shook my head, "No, it's okay."

Armani pulled away from my extended hand, "Oh, it's far from fucking okay."

Her brows were furrowed, her jaw clenched tightly, and the tips of her ears were red. To say she was mad was the understatement of the year.

"He was only trying to see if I could handle being associated with your family," I said, trying my best to calm Armani down, but it seemed to only make her madder.

Armani slammed her palms into the cold wall, easily making me jump, "Stop justifying his actions Miracle."

The room was silent—Armani's deep breaths filled up the room as her palms remained pressed to the cold wall—her head was down but I could see how red her face was turning.

Remind me to never get on her bad side.

"Hey..." I trailed off, my voice soft as I gently grabbed her shoulder—but she only flinched, jerking away from me slightly. "It's me—It's just me okay?"