III

My Christmas List: December 2nd
Let this meeting go well.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

The conference room was extremely minimalist, which I expected. The walls were the same white and the floors were covered in the black marble that I'd seen throughout the compound. There were three floor-to-ceiling rectangular windows that gave the perfect view of the sideyard and snowy Chicago in the far distance.

I sat down in one of the numerous white plush office chairs provided, preparing my Macbook and grabbing my iPad. I pulled up all the ideas I had down—from color schemes to party themes and even catering ideas. Everything you could think of was there since everything  is counted in with the design. I don't care if it's food—it still needs to match the theme of the event I'm designing.

I jumped slightly in my chair when the tall door opened. So much for hearing the boss—client coming.

I furrowed my brows when the woman walked into the room. She was dressed precisely to the nines. Her black buttoned blazer held nothing under it which exposed some of her cleavage while her matching pants rested perfectly over her shiny gold heels that matched the cuff links on her sleeves.

Her dark hair was short and gelled perfectly into a side part while her face remained bare. I couldn't help but admire her lashes, which looked so long I'd first assume they were fake. Her complexion was slightly darker, and it was practically glowing.

I couldn't pull my eyes off her. She was insanely alluring. Suddenly I wanted to see what other looks she had in store. If this was her in a pantsuit... I could only imagine her in a dress.

Her shiny heels clicked against the marble floors, which made me question if these walls were soundproof or if I was just so engrossed in my own world that I didn't hear her walking down the hall. Perhaps it's soundproof, that would make the most sense, given how alert I was.

"Ms. Cadieux," the woman finally spoke, and wow was her voice just as attractive as she was. It was raspy, yet soft and sensual. I almost wanted to stay quiet just to hear her address me again. But that would be rude.

I cleared my throat, "I assume the client will be joining us soon?" I asked, confused if she was the client or not. I assumed she wasn't since she sat directly across from me, rather than at the head of the table.

The woman briefly tilted her head, resting her hands on the table, which easily displayed her black-painted nails.

"The boss won't be able to make it, so you have me instead," she said, her expression still neutral and unamused. I could easily pick up on a subtle accent lingering behind her smooth confident voice.

I nodded with furrowed brows. I hated that the boss couldn't be present, but in the end, I decided I wouldn't mind having her here with me.

I grabbed the cappuccino I bought, sliding it over to her. "For you."

The woman's plump lips pulled into a slight smirk before they went back down. "Oh, but I'd hate to take the boss's coffee."

I still can't make out her accent... Spanish maybe?

I shook my head, "The boss isn't here, so honestly, you can have it."

The woman narrowed her eyes, looking down at the Christmas-themed to-go cup. "Since the boss isn't here... I suppose I'll take it."

I smiled slightly, satisfied that I got her to take it. "It's a little rude to not attend a meeting you coordinated, but I suppose I'll look past it."

The woman cocked her head to the side, a slight smile playing on her lips, but it easily vanished within the next couple of seconds. How does she do that? "Hm, you'll look past it?" she asked, her tone low and teasing. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were the boss's boss."