XLI

My Christmas List: December 18th
Help me remain calm.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

ARMANI'S POV

"What was it that you needed?" Millicent asked, standing in front of my desk as she patiently waited for me to speak.

The last person I wanted to see was her right now—or ever honestly.

But with the state I witnessed Miracle in and am still witnessing her in, I have to take care of this.

I have to take care of her.

And Millicent was definitely at the top of the fucking list when it came down to it.

Millicent was the one who continuously put her in this state. Even if she didn't say anything to Miracle, Millicent's presence alone was a trigger.

I've already concluded that the only way for Miracle to recover and prioritize her mental state is if Millicent leaves.

"I've arranged for your departure," I said, my voice smooth and cold.

I really wanted to do more—say more to her—but I knew the best thing to do was remain calm.

Millicent's brows furrowed, and I could almost see her processing what I just said as the seconds passed.

Once she seemingly processed it, she scoffed. "My departure? Did Mira put you up to this?" she said, crossing her arms over her chest. Even hearing Miracle's name leave her lips was enough to boil my blood. I was walking a very thin line when it came to my patience. "I already let the whole fucking her client thing go, but apparently that wasn't enough for her to let me sta—"

"As if it's up to you to let that go," I said, laughing in a sarcastic manner. "Who even are you?" I said, tilting my head with an amused smirk on my face. It's actually embarrassing how much power she thinks she holds, and how much Miracle even lets her have to begin with. "Matter of fact, who do you think you are to grant her permission or even your approval?"

Millicent's jaw tensed. "I'm her sist—"

"Hmm that's not enough," I cut her short yet again, noticing how much it irritates her. "Anyone can have a sister with an opinion."

Millicent stayed quiet—which was the first I'd ever witnessed of her, but it was also the wisest choice she could've made given the state of irritation that I'm in.

I took this moment to stare into her eyes, my face completely unamused, "You are no one important," I said my voice lowered and completely serious, which easily made Millicent's brows furrow further. Before she could say anything else I said, "Which is why you're leaving."

I could tell this didn't sit well with Millicent, especially when she said, "I'm not leaving. I'm here for my sister,"

I raised my brows. "Oh really? You're here to insult and degrade her even more than you clearly already do?"

Millicent shook her head. "I don't—what are you even talking about?"

So she's going to play this card? The lying to herself and everyone around her card?