LII

My Christmas List: December 23rd
Please make my nerves go away.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

With each second that ticked by, I felt completely unprepared. Tomorrow I was part of hosting one of the biggest events I've been a part of and I felt like I wasn't even close to being done with all the design plans.

Luckily, all I have left to do is tweak the plans and everything is even scheduled to be staged tomorrow—but that's just it. Tweaking the plans is the most important part, it's how my designs always succeed.

Looking at the plans with fresh eyes always helps, but not when you have levels on levels to look at and observe.

Luckily, my boss will only be on the above-ground levels since the below-ground levels are for mafia members only. So that takes a little bit of pressure off of me since I know my focus should be targeted to the levels she'll be able to see.

I knew Armani wouldn't fire me if the job wasn't up to her liking, especially with the hidden levels, but it would still tarnish my own self-image and have me questioning my ability to do my own job.

"Mira for christ sake your nervousness is actually rubbing off on me," Leo said, snapping me from my rampant thoughts.

CeCe nudged him, smiling tightly, "What he meant to say is that everything will go smoothly tomorrow."

I sucked in a breath, "Tomorrow—this is all really happening tomorrow."

"Nice going genius," Leo said, nudging CeCe back.

CeCe rolled her eyes, "You're the one who brought it up in the first place."

I let out a stressful sigh, pushing the glass bowl filled with an untouched salad away.

The pair eyed me hesitantly, "Mira, seriously, I'm sure everything will turn out amazing," Leo said.

CeCe reached over the table, gently grabbing my hand. "More than amazing even."

I smiled, nodding to myself. They're right, everything will be okay—there's no need to stress.

"Besides, we want to be filled in on the Boss—or should I say, you and the Boss," CeCe said, raising a slight brow.

I couldn't help the smile that spread on my face, looking between the two.

"We saw you two come in together yesterday—and we heard that she even took you to Italy," Leo said, his tone filled with excitement, which easily made me tilt my head.

Why does it feel like I'm talking to tabloids right now?

My smile continued to grow, "Well—"

"Bianchi hands off my girlfriend," I heard Armani's familiar voice call, which immediately made CeCe's hand let go of mine and retract underneath the table.

The pair seemed frozen in their chairs, which earned a slight laugh from me, "Armani you're scaring them," I said, turning to her with a raised brow.

She was standing at the end of the table in her usual black blazer and dress pants with her arms crossed over her chest.

"What are you even doing here?" I asked, shaking my head as she smirked slightly.

"You rescheduled with Dali for her dress fitting yesterday, so she made me promise to come and get you today," Armani said, raising a brow.

I stood from my seat, realizing that I was supposed to be meeting Dali in the next five minutes. I already felt bad for rescheduling, but I was swamped with work yesterday.