XIII

My Christmas List: December 5th
Help me never be late again.

❆❆❆❆❆❆

I glanced over to Armani, who nodded in approval at me. "I... yeah okay?" I said, hesitation clear in my tone. I was hoping Viper's was a dinner spot or possibly a bar which still seemed to push my boundaries slightly.

Dominico smiled. "Perfect, we leave in thirty," he said.

"But he'll probably run late—he always does," Armani said, her tone light, which made it clear that she was joking. It was a major contrast compared to her normal tone. I honestly couldn't help but smile slightly, enjoying this less serious side of her.

Dominico shook his head. "Nah, you know how hard it is to pick out an outfit," he said. "Don't play me Ani."

Armani laughed through her nose, shaking her head. "Sure Domi. Sure."

I chuckled at the two. "I'll see you guys in thirty," I said.

Armani nodded. "I think you'd be safe with an hour if you needed it since he has to edge up his hair."

"Vaffanculo," Dominico said, laughing promptly after.

Armani gave Dominico a fake offended expression, her lips parting and her brows playfully raising. "Just because she doesn't know Italian doesn't mean that it isn't offensive."

I smiled unconsciously, Armani's playfulness was way cuter to me than I intended it to be. Maybe it's because she always presents a different side of herself—normally—at all times. I found myself basking in the moments when she relaxes and allows herself to not be so serious. It's almost like I enjoy only one side of her compared to the other.

"It's only offensive to you," Dominico said, shrugging.

I ended up getting ready shortly after completing some work, which surprisingly extended past when Dominico planned for us to leave—even after he got ready. But I had serious work to catch up on, and I knew I'd thank myself tomorrow.

Besides, I liked having a few brief moments to myself anyways. What I didn't like was showing up fashionably late.

Firstly, I didn't know anyone except for Armani and Dominico—oh and Roman. Secondly, I didn't know what the dynamic is.... will it be intimate or a large gathering? And lastly, what even is Viper's?

I'm such an awkward person naturally, but add that to me hating any attention whatsoever. My sister managed to suck that away from me. Anytime I had a moment on me, she'd either direct it onto herself or degrade me in some way. After a while, It began to instill within me to avoid the spotlight at all given moments.

I let out a deep breath, clicking level six on the elevator panel. As the elevator dropped down a couple of floors, I analyzed myself in the shiny reflecting walls of the elevator. My hair was pulled into a high ponytail with a few strands loose while I wore natural makeup and a long-sleeve black dress that cut up my legs much further than my work dresses would—if that didn't give it a step up from my work dresses then the v-cut that dips dramatically at my chest did.

When the elevator dinged, I stepped off, my black stilettos clicking on the shiny floors in the process. Immediately upon exiting the elevator, I heard it.

The faded pounding music lingered far off, which caused me to look around in search of the place responsible for playing it. Within seconds, I noticed the arrows directing to differents parts of the pavilion.

VIPERS

Upon spotting the name of the restaurant... or bar... whatever it was, I headed in the direction of it. My heels clicked at a swift pace while I held my posture high, feeling like I was running too late for my liking.