Chapter 69

Tai's pov
3:34 p.m.
Wednesday

Staring my computer monitor, I completely forget what I was even doing. You know when it's been an extremely long day and your body and mind are slowly falling asleep?

Yes that's me right now.
It's been busy since the minute I got here this morning, luckily I ate breakfast before I got in or I wouldn't have had the chance to.

Sigh.

Reminiscing on the weekend we had in the Bahamas. I wish I could go back to that peace and relaxtion.

All the beautiful intimate moments we shared to the memories we created with our friends.

The phone rings and I pick it up without looking at the number, "Good afternoon, this is Doctor Day speaking" I answer in my most professional voice.

"So a me alone you have attitude wid over the phone?" The familiar husk of my fiancé's voice comes through on the other end of the line.

I start smiling.
"Why you calling my office sir? I have a cellphone"

"So why you nuh act like it and answer it?" He asks.

I pick up my phone confused to see 10 missed calls.
How mi nuh hear this?

"Looks like my phone was on silent babe I've had paitents all morning" I explain.

"Mhmm dat good me outside fawud nuh" he says.

I turn off the monitor and pick up my bag standing from around my desk. Making my way towards the door.

When I get out I spot the Urus parked in the parking lot and walk towards it.

"Good afternoon" I greet immediately putting on my seatbelt.

"Afternoon" he responds.

"Somebody did in here?" I ask .

"Yeah why?" He glances at me resting his phone in the cup holder.

"The chair feel like it move that's why"

I fix the chair back to my liking before taking out my phone to connect it to the music.

"You really did affi call me 10 time doh babe?" I chuckle

"Yes, you usually text me innah you lunchtime and you nuh do dat so me affi see wah gwan wid you" he states.

"Speaking of lunch deven remember seh me nuh eat from morning" I blurt out opening Spotify.

Why me go seh dat? Like me forget who me a talk to.

"Wah you mean yuh nuh eat from morning? Ya starve mi yute fah lady?" His voice becoming stern.

I sigh,"I was busy I honestly forgot" I mumble my excuse.

He glares at me but doesn't say anything else.
I fix my seatbelt and he drives off.

When we finally get home and into the house I make a beeline for the kitchen, he comes in right after.

I take out a snack to fill my hunger while I think of something to make.

"Wah you a do?" He asks seeing me take out ingredients.

I look at him blankly,

"Cook?" I respond in the same tone as him.

"Nuh you say you tired? And from the looks of it you feet a swell so mi nuh know how you plan fi stand up in here and cook"

"Then who ago cook? A now me hungry" I hiss

"Me anuh nobody? You nuh like when me cook or sumn?" He asks in return, I stare at him...

"Nuh put no word innah mi mouth."I roll my eyes

"Is good,wah she name deh did fawud earlier and make something, it deh pan the dining table" he tells me going to the door in the kitchen that leads to the garage.

I watch as he scans his finger print then opens it. Before going through he pauses and looks back at me to say.

"When me fawud back try drop dah attitude deh" his tone a little more serious now.

I roll my eyes inwardly,
"You're going somewhere?" I ask

"Anuh far, right up a ih office go finish something quick, eat something and go lay down" he instructs.

I nod watching as he walks over to his crown.
"Bring me a strawberry acai refresher on your way back nuh please" I ask him.

"Arite babes" I blow him a kiss watching as the garage door opens and he sits in the car.

Honking before driving off.

**

It's been 2 hours since he left to wherever and I've taken that time to do a little decorating in the dining room.

Putting out the plate sets and decorations I bought.
I smile looking at how neat everything looks,

The dining table and chairs where delivered while we were away so I hadn't got the chance to decorate until now

I've been slowly redecorating, with the help of Treyvon of course and I'm loving how everything is turning out.

After admiring it for a little while more I decide that I want to go outside to relax a little.

Changing into a flowy patterned sundress I go out into the backyard with my ipad and apple pencil.

Folding my legs up on the lounge chair I place my earpods in and lean back.

The sound of Sza's 'Love Language' plays lowly in my ear, I hum to it tapping on my baby registry.

I've been adding every cute thing I've seen to it, things I've seen on tiktok, Instagram, Twitter etc.

I'm so excited to start decorating the nursery and organizing it to my liking.

A notification at the top of the screen draws my attention.

"Your shipment has been set out for delivery"
I start smiling texting Liz to tell her.

Since babes birthday is in a week I took the liberty of getting him a gift I know he'll love.

He's yet to mention what he wants but I have an idea based off the things he's mentioned and I've seen him looking at online.

After awhile I returned inside as the cool breeze turned cold, he still wasn't back.

I thought nothing of it going over to the living noticing that the hermes decorative blanket I have thrown over the top has moved.

I fix it and refluff the pillows going to get the broom to tidy it up.

As soon as I opened the door to the linen closet my head began to feel light causing me to stumble. Gripping onto the counter for support I try to regain my posture but my head feels like someone is stomping in it.

Why do I feel like this?

A bad feeling washes over me.

Before I know it everything goes black.