Chapter 51

Vote and comment
*excuse mistakes*
Trey's pov
4:12 p.m.

"Listen mi nave the fucking time, get it done" I growl at my contractor hanging up the phone.

I'm still in the office,
I've been wrapped up in meetings since this morning.

I thought I would have had a light day, but it seems my schedule was mixed up.

Fuck

Tai is home sick and I can't even leave to go check on her. I had Malik drop her home earlier but I haven't heard from her since.

I haven't had the time to call her myself. When she called me earlier I was on the site and surrounded by noise ontop of that I was frustrated and angry with the crew.

My club should be half way done in the building process and it's barely there.

I exhale.

This is why me nuh like work wid Jamaican contractors, everything take fucking forever.

I need to check on her.

Taking my phone from my pocket I find her contact.

"Sir, the-" Nicole comes through the door and stops talking when she sees my face.

I ask her to come back later as I wait for the call to connect.

"Taiesha" I call to her, my tone displaying how I feel. The screen is black so I can't see her.

I hear her groan and my eyebrow furrow together,
"Baby?" I call again, my voice an inch calmer

"Hmm?" Her voice is weak making my guards lower slightly.

"Make me see you" I command and it takes her a minute to move the phone.

When the camera comes on her I see she's sitting on the bathroom floor crouched over the toilet. Her hair is up on top of her head and her eyes barely opened.

My face softens,
"You feel really bad baby?" I ask her and she nods.

"What time you coming home?" She asks me getting up slowly.

"mi soon fawud T, mi just a finish something" , I have to wrap up what I'm doing now.

Mi caah have her home alone like that.

"By 5 mi drop a yuh foot, you want nothing?" I ask her and she nods moving to the sink.

"Food please and hurry home " she tells me pouting.

"Mi go try " I exhale

Half a mind fi just get up and walk out right now.

Matter of fact.
That's what I'm going to do.

"Nicole" I call my assistant in.

"Yes sir?" She answers coming in.

"Mi ago leave now, anything wah need fi deal with urgently give it to Sanchez" I tell her and she nods.

"Okay sir,do you need anything else?" She asks and I pause for a moment.

"No" I respond dismissing her.
She nods turning on her heels leaving my office.

"You coming home now?" She asks and I look at the screen, she's in bed.

"Yeah"

"Okay, stay on the phone with me " she tells me and I do as she asks.

I pick up my keys exiting the office space as i make my way to my car.

"Wah kinda food you want T?" I ask her.