Chapter 56

I didn't proof read all of this.

Tai's pov
9:47 a.m.

Bredda me a breed mi caah tek dem stress ya!

I exhale listening as my mother speaks on the other side of the line. My anxiety has doubled since last night when she texted me informing me that my father had met in a car accident and was in the hospital under intensive care.

I've made calls to the few doctors and nurses I've made myself familiar with other my time working to ensure that he's in good hands but it doesn't subside the growing feeling that something could go wrong at any time.

I feel Trey's hand on mine making my breath hitch in my throat, my eyes travel away from the decorative glass bowl on the kitchen island to him.

His eyes are on his laptop before they shift to me and soften.

Breathe
He mouths to me and I exhale.

"Is he any better than before?" I ask anticipating her response.

"Actually, he's responding to the treatment..." she pauses for a while making me curious.

"Is there something else?" I ask.

"He asked to see you" my eyes widen..

Without another thought I respond, "Tell him I'll be there by 11"

She audibly exhales, "I will"
I can hear the smile in her voice but I'm still in shock.

He wants to see me...after all this time?

After conversing for a while more she hangs up and I place the phone on the counter.

Trey rubs his thumb over the top of my hand making me aware of the fact that he's still holding my hand in his.

Slowly I find myself on the other side of the island next to him.

He pulls me into him with one arm looking up at me with eyes that hold alot of concern as he scans my face.

"You eat from morning mama?" He asks and I shake my head no.

He tilts his head to the side with a straight face.

"Wah you want?" Is his next question
I shrug

"I have no appetite" I admit and an expression of shock passes over his face for a moment.

"B... you caah starve you self and you know dat" he states sternly and I remain silent.

He shakes his head before closing the laptop and standing to his feet.

"Me ago ask you again wah you wah eat?"

I take a seat on the stool he got up from as he goes around the corner opening the fridge.

Cook him ago cook?

"Wah you a do?" I ask him in a shocked tone.

He's cooked before and it was *chef's kiss* but actually seeing him domesticated like this as he takes out pots and pans is...new.

"Wah it look like me a do miss?" He asks in a snappy tone and I throw up my hands mocking defence.

Fiesty

"Sorry sir continue" I mumble picking up my phone.

"You still nuh answer me enuh"

"I don't know...." I trail off clueless as to what I want to eat.