Chapter 2

A week later..
Tai's pov
10:00 a.m.

"So have you talked to airport boy yet?" Kelise inquired noisily, walking next to me as we head to our first class of the morning.

Biology.

I sigh at the mention of him, It's been a week since we've seen each other and amidst my sheer hope to accidentally bump into him on campus. I haven't.

"Nope" is my unenthusiastic response.

Unfortunately, amidst all our conversing it completely slipped me to take his number or even socials, I searched but my acts where futile as nothing came up for him.

As we entered the lecture hall we sat in our usual seats and got out our i pads to take notes.

"What a man fi boring" Kel complains lowly beside shifting my gaze from the screen to her pouty face resting in her palm.

"Shh"
I already know that if she keeps talking i'll start laughing and lose focus,

"Girl anuh lie right now mi a fight the sleep" she says animatedly rolling her eyes,

I cover my face resting my head on the desk to conceal my laughter.

After the lecture we impulsively decided to makea visit to Tim Hortons, even though it is on the entire other side of the campus.

The walk for that unbeatable taste was worth it.

Leaving the lecture hall, Kel decided to start telling me about the drama in her life and the drama at school in efforts to make the walk feel shorter,

It seems to work because it's as if in no time we where there.

"Gyal mi a tell you seh mi neva yet see a sumn so big" she says in an over dramatized tone making me laugh out as we approach the shop.

Feel like unuh know wah she a talk.

Entering the coffee shop first, still sobering up from the story I was just told my eyes looked up just in time to make four with someone, but not just anyone.

Him.

My eyes must be playing tricks on me, I thought.
But they weren't it was really him.

I stood in place staring at the man in line in front of me.

"Tai you good?" Kel asks with a concerned look on her face following my stare.

He's just standing there.

"You look like you see ghost wah deh gwan? You know him?" She asks as her eyes travel I'm between us suspiciously.

The gorgeous man who I thought I lost contact with forever is literally right infront of me.
I totally didn't expect this to happen today.

He must of heard the familiar name because as soon as she said that he turned his head in our direction.

My heartbeat picked up momentum as he held my stare.
I could feel my cheeks burning but I wasn't sure why.

Why am i so attracted to him?
We barely know each other this is crazy.

A smile finds his face as he looks down at me.
"Tai" he saunters towards me slowly

"I didn't expect to see you here" he sounds pleasantly surprised .

"Uh...yeah i'm just getting some coffee with my friend kel i didn't expect to see you either"
i babble on and he nods.

Back to the no sense miss? my subconsious shakes her head at me

"How have you been?" I manage to ask.

"Mi gov enuh just neva think mi woulda see you again" he licks his lips and I can feel my senses starting to waver.

Snap out of it Tai

"I didnt think I would see you again either" i admit, I really didn't after a week of hoping to accidentally bump into him on campus I gave up hope.

"Look like mi ago affi take you number fi avoid dat again" he says smoothly with a small smirk playing on his lips.

A ask him a ask fi wi number under style enuh gyal!! the girl in my head does back flips

Punching my number into his keypad, I hand it back over to him with a smile.

It's just then that Kel comes back over with our orders, I didnt even notice she had left my side.

"I have to go, it was really nice seeing you though" I look back at Treyvon.

Trey's pov

Shes about to leave,
Mi caah let her go again just like that,

Do you know how much I was hoping on seeing her again?

"Tai" i call to her seeing that she's about to turn to leave, she looks back from her friend.

Her innocent brown eyes search mine.

So fucking pretty.

"Let me take you out, this weekend" I propose,
Her face flushes.

"Im busy" she tells me and i can tell she's lying.

"Are you really?" I ask a little disappointed, yet, amused by her defiance .

She looks in the direction of her friend who is now talking with Jayson.

When she even move fi go talk to him?

Looking back at me she seems pensive before saying, "I'll think about it" she smiles at me and i return it.

"Its a date?"

"Maybe" she blushes.

Her friend comes back over and briefly acknowledging my presene before they walk off together..

Taiesha glances back at me as they leave.
As soon as she's out the door a stupid smile is spread across my face.

Jayson hits my shoulder going to the register, i smile getting a notification on my phone seeing that she texted me a simple upside down smiley face emoji.

Shaking my head I turn joining Jay to finally order.