Chapter 71

Trey's pov

I can't stand people that refuse to listen, even if it's for their own safety and well-being. Which is part of the reason why Taiesha and i can't get along at times.

Would you believe me if i told you I told this woman multiple times to stay off her feet and rest only to come home and find her in the kitchen. Not only cooking but cleaning?

I stare at her thin lipped with an impassive expression. I can't even express how annoyed I am with her, I can't shout because it may stress her out and we could have a repeat of last week and i can't even stop her because she doesn't know how to listen.

She looks up from loading the dishwasher to meet my gaze. She smiles before seeing the look on my face, her smile then disappears with an eyeroll.

I hiss getting up from the stool I'd been observing her on for the past 15 minutes.

"Mi nuh know if a stick bruk innah your ears make you caah follow simple instruction, wah you coulda find so hard innah resting?" I ask her.
She rolls her eyes again.

"Eee? The helper deh here a day time, me get you wah chef so you naffi do nothing. You mother, my mother always over here a check pan you.... a make sure you gov and naffi do nothing....but you just so own way to the point weh it ago end up hurt you Taiesha" I continue to scold as she continues to fold the dish towels completely unfazed.

I hiss.
Mi nuh know why me a kill up miself like this girl give a fuck.

"Good afternoon Treyvon" she says dryly finally looking up at me.

I narrow my eyes on her as my jaw ticks.

"Am I not allowed to clean up after myself? You act as if I'm terminally ill and lost the ability to function. Being active is good for me and your child so if I want to clean this entire house, I'm going to." She snaps back.

I sigh defeated.
"Mi nah wild you enuh, just nuh bawl to me when you back start hurt you and you foot dem swell because me tell you multiple times fi go liddung" I warn finally.

She hisses and I glare at her.
She notices and rolls her eyes.

I chuckle humorlessly pointing at her,"You see you, just watch man"

"Watch wah? Treyvon leave me alone fi real" she hisses closing the kitchen drawer.

She proceeds to move around the island over to the living room where she goes through the glass doors to the backyard.

I grit my teeth shaking my head before heading upstairs.

Tai's pov

I get that he means well but I can't stand the constant helicoptering from everyone in my life as of recent.

It's as if they've forgotten that I am a grown ass woman capable of making my very own decisions.

I'm distracted by Trey passing me.

He's shirtless wearing polo swim shorts going over to the pool.

I scrunch my eyebrows.

A smaddy him wah see him because all the months we live here me neva yet see Treyvon a talk bout him ago swim innah da pool deh.

He gets in the water putting his hair up into a messy bun.

I watch wanting to roll my eyes at how sexy he is.

He glances over at me and smirks.
I quickly look away before he can catch me blush.

As I try to appear unfazed by his presence close my eyes relaxing back into the lounge chair.