Chapter 1

Tai's pov
📍Norman Manley International Airport
4:44 p.m.

"Taiesha" my mother's voice drags Mr from my daze as I've been mindlessly staring at the TSA pathway.

"Yuh even a listen?" she asks, her voice displaying clear frustration with me.

"Hmm" I hum, finally giving her attention .
She shakes her head at me before speaking.

"Are you sure there is nothing else that you need?" She asks the same question she's been asking since we left the house, once again.

"Mommy yes" I practically rolling my eyes,
Don't get me wrong i love my mother but her redundant questions can get a little annoying.

Hugging my parents and sister goodbye I walk through the guided walk way into the securityscreening area.

With my airpods playing loudly in my ears, my thoughts filled with the sound of Jhene Aiko's voice. It's as if my mind is completely absent from this world.

My head is on a cloud leaving me completely oblivious to the scenes around me. As a result of that I an unable to stop myself from bumping into what appears to be someone's chest.

Completely embarrassed, I look up to meet the gaze of whoever I just stumbled into.

Opening my mouth to apologize its as if the air is completely knocked out of my body. I'm rendered speechless staring up at the Adonis of a man that stares back at me.

Allowing my eyes to linger on his chiseled face which is gracefully crowned by his head full of neatly twisted locs, for a moment too long. I finally step back.

"Sorry I didn't even-"

"You gov?" He asks, completely disregarding my apology. His voice deep and husky, my face flushes.

Clearing my throat i respond with a simple "Yeah"

"Good" he offers a dashing smile, moving around me. Still a little struck by the brief encounter I make my way to my gate.

Settling into one of the uncomfortable airport chairs, I pull out my laptop with the hopes to get started on some of my course work. With this being my last year of Uni before I am able to have my doctorate. I am determined to get the best grades.

I went back to Jamaica to visit my family for the christmas to new years break and now i have to go back to school in Toronto.

Attending Toronto University was a dream I had since doing my career portfolio in the eleventh grade and finding out that it's one of the best schools for studying medicine.

My main goal is to become one of the most successful doctors in Jamaica, by actively helping develop my countries medical feild.

The plane begins to board at exactly 6:03 as stated on the website, a first for Air Canada.

Finding my seat I made sure to sit in the window, being that I've always enjoyed watching the plane both lift off and land ever since the first time I've traveled. It's been a must have and habit.

It's relaxing

Putting in my earphones again as I relax into my seat, I rest my head on the headrest feeling someone sit next to me.

Glancing over, I was pleased to recognize it was the same guy I bumped into earlier, except this time he was on the phone, and that at smile he had before wasn't there anymore, he looked more...annoyed now.

"Samira mi just board the flight wah yuh want mi do bout dat?" his voice laced with frustration.

Opening my phone, I tap at the screen aimlessly to distract myself from his conversation to appear as if I wasn't eavesdropping.

'who was this samira?'i thought to myself...

Could she be his girlfriend?

There is no way a guy like this could be single.
Why do I care?

I do not know this man.

Placing my attention on something more important i look over as the flight attendants demonstration began and the plane started cruising.

He them got off his phone and i could feel his gaze on me causing me to look at him.

"It seems we meet again" he says, his tone. Pleased?
I couldn't tell, all I know is that my face is burning like ten lit candles.

Compose your self my subconsious face palms herself, embarassed at the way im acting.

"I guess" i respond awkwardly, I'm never this shy.
Why am I acting like this?

Why am i behaving as if I've never spoken to a man before?

He chuckles lowly before asking "What are you going to toronto for?"

"I actually go to school there"
He nods in response.

What about you?" I find myself asking as I try to prolong the conversation.

"I go to school there too, Toronto University" he says, my eyes widen in surprise.

Look at God.

How have i never seen him on campus?
I mean it is a big place,you nah go see everybody..

"That's crazy i go to T.U. too!" My voice comes out a little too excited for my liking causing me to internally cringe at myself.

Back to the embarrassment Tai?

"What do you study?" he asks me

"I'm studying Medicine, I want to be a medical doctor" I tell him proudly, he nods.

"Wah ya seh smart girl?"
I laugh and he smiles at me

He's truly so handsome, my eyes trail his muscular arms finding his tattoos. He has a sleeve on one arm and a singular tattoo on the forearm of the other.

Looking back at his face it seems that he has caught me making me blush embarrassingly.

"What are you studying?" i ask trying to distract from the fact that i was just admiring him.

"Business" he says simply licking his lips, it distracts me as my eyes are focused on his pink lips

Our conversation prolongs intermittently through out the rest of the flight, spanning over the most random things you could possibly think of. And before you know it we're landing in Pearson.

"I actually never got your name " I admit slightly ashamed at the fact that I've been conversing with someone for almost 4 hours and didn't get their name.

"Treyvon" he tells me taking down my carry on for me, as he brings the bag down we make eye contact. It throws me into a trance.

"You hear me?" he has a smirk on his face
I give him a confused look

"I asked for your name" he repeats himself

"Oh yeah its Taiesha but you can call me Tai" i say with a smile.

"Okay Tai" his voice low, He makes my name sound so...

I blush for the umteenth time since I've met him.

Its getting ridiculous

it just a get ridiculous to you?

We exit the aircraft and go our separate ways,

Getting into my car my mind reels over the events of today, at the forefront of it all being a locked Adonis.