Chapter 53

Tai's pov
9:43 p.m.
Wednesday

"Killa was you deh pan now ?" His voice booms through the speaker as i maneuver the kitchen.

Chuckling lightly at his nickname I respond," We're baking cookies."

He goes silent and my eyes find the screen just as he pulls the smoke from his weed. A cloud of smoke engulfs the camera blocking my vision of him.

"Babe mi caah see you" I pout resting the spoon in the mixing bowl.

After a moment it finally clears up revealing him laid back in what appears to be a Lamborghini urus, his face covered with a black pull over dressed in white tees with silver chains around his neck.

I bite my lips at the sight, with low dark eyes he stares back at me.

Jesus, even with his face covered he's literally gorgeous.

"You coulda bake?" He asks pulling me from my trance. The smile on my lips fade and I roll my eyes.

"Yes for your information and I'm good at it... I've been told " I say proudly.

I may not be the best but I'm not terrible.

"Hmm, I'll be the judge of that" He takes another puff before looking up at the sound of his name.

"Deh pan?" He shouts back.

"Mi wah show you a pree, mi don" someone in the background says and his video and audio mute.

My eyebrows furrow in annoyance.

Why him deh pan the phone wid me if him not even go talk to me?

I hiss my teeth under my breath.

"Tai where the tray dem?" Kel asks me opening the cabinets.

"Not there ,the bottom " I respond stirring the remainder if the batter.

"This done enough now mama" Kel comes over to me with the tray she took out lined with a baking sheet and spray butter.

I nod placing the bowl on the table before helping her form the cookies.

"Gyal a wah dat?" I ask in amusement staring at the ball of cookie dough Kel rolled out. It looks like a deformed heart.

She rolls her eyes fanning me off,"Shet up!"

Shaking my head I continue to place the cookies.
"There are literally cutters in the drawer if you want to make them into shapes" I tell her pulling the drawer adjacent to my right leg.

Taking them out she smiles when her eyes find the heart ones. Immediately an idea pops into our heads and we each grab one.

"B?" I hear Treyvon's voice and jump startled turning around to find my phone on the counter leaned up against the paper towel stand.

The way the person who stole him from me addressed him peaks my interest, I want to know more about that. Not right now though, instead I say.

"You finally come back?" It appears I failed to hide the sarcasm in my voice as he hisses his teeth.

I quirk a brow at him
Who him a hiss teeth after?

"B a did sumn important, mi deh ya back now. Show me wah you a do"

I can hear music in his background, expected. Taking that he's a motive with some of his friends.

He wanted me to join him but I was too tired when I got home to go back out plus, I had plans with Kelise.