Chapter 45

Vote and comment lovies💋

Tais pov
10:24 a.m.

I should be at work, instead I'm here. At home because my boyfriend insists that I go back to bed.

As exhausted as I am I feel like I'm failing my job for not showing up, I'm a doctor. I should be out helping people.

You have to put yourself first T my subconscious reminds me.

Yes, but I have a duty and I've been calling out back to back for the past two weeks. Being that I'm fairly new to the workplace they have all right to fire me.

And if they do, do so I'll be devastated. Imagine working hard for a degree to work in a specific field and failing to do so? That's embarrassing.

As guilt starts to overwhelm me I spot the keys to the range on the counter, I begin contemplating going anyways. It's not that late and I could make it if I call in late.

Better than missing the whole day.

I drink some water to wake myself up more before picking up the keys and my bag.

Heading to the garage I open it getting settled in the car before driving out, once I reach the security gate I wait for him to open it and I'm confused when he doesn't.

"Hi good morning can you open the gate please?" I ask politely

"Miss, boss seh you shouldn't leave the premises"
He tells me and my eyebrows raise.

"I'm sure its fine can you just open the gate?" I ask and he shakes his head no,

"Miss, mi can get innah trouble fi dat"

I huff leaning back into the seat as I dial his number. This is bullshit

"Yeh?" He answers .

"Why can't I leave?" I ask him, I would really like to know why he would tell them to not let me leave.

"Because mi know seh you stubborn, Tai you can barely stay awake go back in the house" he tells me and I roll my eyes because he can't see me

"I need to go to work Treyvon"

"Yeah, you need fi go and you have paitents, mi know how the argument go but what happens when you get hurt because you doze off while driving?" He questions me.

I sigh because he's right, something I do not want to admit.

"That's what I thought" he says when I don't respond.

"Call me if anything, later Tai" he tells me before hanging up and I hiss.

Entering the house once more I take out my ipad typing an email to my manager, who is also the head doctor, informing her that I'll be out for the day due to personal reasons.

The reasons being that my boyfriend won't let me pass the gate.

"Wah mi even ago do wull day?" I look around the house.

It's not messy because I pick up after myself while here and for some reason Trey has a cleaning service come every Tuesday and Thursday.

I normally do my laundry on Sundays, but the housekeeper took care of that as well.

Just rest Tai my subconscious yawns.

I want to but I feel useless.

I notice my phone ringing and it's Dr.Brown,
"Hi Kaiden" I answer,

"Hey, I noticed you're out everything good?" He questions

I hate to lie but I have to,or else I'll really jepordaize my job.