Chapter 3

Date night..
Tai's pov
5:32 p.m.

After some careful consideration I decided it wouldn't hurt to take Treyvon up on his request of a date.

Though it's been a while since I've been on one of those to be honest. My last serious relationship was when i was 16, a relationship that lasted until i was 19, when I moved to Canada for university.

After that separation I've expiremented with other guys but it was always something. The connection either never lasted or they simply didn't cut it.

I hear my phone go off and eagerly retrieve it from my bed feeling a wave of nervousness pass over me.

A feeling that grows when I see it's from him.

'I'll be there at seven" is all it reads.

My fingers dance over the keyboard as I type out a simple 'okay' as my response before setting my phone down on the vanity to resume getting ready.

I call my bestfriend to not only help me pick out something to wear, but also help me pass time and keep me out of my head.

Feeling satisfied with my choice of dress I run my hands against the sides of my thigh length black dress after strapping on my heels.

At exactly seven, my phone rings.
I answer, his husky voice caresses my ear.

'Hey, I'm outside'

I start smiling like an idiot.
"I'm on my way down" I respond.

How quickly I sprint down the stairs in these heels is truly embarrassing, stopping for a minute to collect myself I open the door and walk out to see him standing next to his car.

A black Mercedes G-Wagon.

Locking my door behind me I saunter towards him taking the time to take in his appearance.

Truly an attractive man.
With his hair out of his face, wearing a white Dior shirt that leaves his tattoos on display accentuating his muscular frame.

"Hi" I wave, my voice meek.

He smiles displaying his perfect teeth.
"Hey" is his response, moving from his car to meet me halfway.

Going in for a hug my nose thanks me as I take in his delicious scent.

He opens the passenger side door for me when we pull away, I smile and get in. He then closes the door and joins me.

Pulling my seatbelt across my chest I can feel him staring at me. I glance over at him and his stare makes my cheeks heat up.

"What?" I ask shyly.

"Wah mi caah look pan you?" he retorts in a playful tone

i blush, "why you staring at me though?"

"Because you look beautiful Taiesha" he offers me a small smile before driving off.