Chapter 109: Nice To Meet You

Arwyn's POV

I proceeded to the driver's seat and prepared myself for driving. We moved quickly away from the road.

"Hey, little kid," I called the attention of the girl sitting beside Nadine. I couldn't turn my head to look at them because I was driving, so I simply caught a glimpse of them in my rearview mirror.

Napansin ko pa kung paano kumurap-kurap ang bata, at hindi alam kung saan titingin. Gusto niya ata makita ang gwapo kong mukha, pero dahil maliit siya, hindi niya magawa. Nagsalubong naman bigla ang kilay ko dahil para siyang nate-tense sa hindi ko malamang dahilan.

"Tsk. Answer me." Pinipigilan ko pa ang ngiti ko dahil kahit parang nate-tense siya, I still find it cute. Niliko ko naman ang kotse ko sa isang daan habang hinihintay siyang magsalita.

Medyo nag-tilt siya sa kanan, dala siguro ng pagliko ng kotse ko kanina. Nakita ko pa kung paano siya ngumuso at umayos sa pagkakaupo. What an adorable kid. "A-ano po 'y-yon?"

"Where do you live?" tanong ko. Binagalan ko naman ang pag-drive ko para makita ko siya nang maayos mula sa rearview mirror. "I'm asking so we can take you home."

"H-home?" Umalingawngaw ang maliit niyang boses sa loob ng kotse. Medyo nanlaki pa ang mata niya at tumitingin-tingin sa may likod ko.

I noticed how Nadine nodded and smiled at the little girl. And this time, I couldn't keep my little smile from breaking out because of her gesture. "Iuuwi ka namin sa inyo. Delikado kasi na mag-isa ka lang sa kalsada." She placed her hand on the little girl's head covered with a bonnet and stroked it.

"S-sa ospital po..." the little girl crooned. She likewise lowered her head and avoided looking directly into Nadine's eyes.

My car's speed slowed down when I realized what the little girl meant. While I was aware that she had a problem from the beginning, it never occurred to me that she would need to be hospitalized as a result of what was happening to her body.

"O-ospital?" I could tell that Nadine seemed equally stunned. Her attitude of remorse caught my attention, and I could hear something troubling in her voice.

Napatingin ang bata kay Nadine at kaagad na ngumiti nang maliit. "D-doon na po ako lumaki."

In the rearview mirror, Nadine's eyes converged on mine. We both appeared to be feeling sad internally, and I know that we were both heartbroken for this young girl's life. She certainly didn't deserve to go through such a young age with such experiences. She ought to be relishing her elementary school years.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked. She's probably bored at the hospital. I know she also wishes to take a little wander, like the child she is.

As she looked at Nadine and I, the little girl's eyes kept switching between us. She must have had a list of places in her head, but I could see she was hesitant to mention them.

The kid looked at Nadine for a split second before I realized how Nadine was holding her hand. "Pupunta tayo sa kung saan mo gusto." When I noticed her tiny smile beginning to form on her lips, I started to smile once again.

"T-talaga po?"

Lumingon pa ako nang kaunti para tignan mismo ang bata. "That is if you're willing and you trust us."

"O-okay lang po ba na sa may ferris wheel po tayo pumunta? 'Y-yung sa maraming palaruan po!" sabi niya pa habang kinakamot ang bonnet na nasa ulo niya. Ngayon ko lang din napansin ang bonnet na 'yon. "G-gusto ko po sanang pumunta ro'n, p-pero wala pong pera si Lolo, eh."