Chapter 60: Those Three Words

Braylon's POV

"S-stop." Kate bowed her head even without looking at me. Her voice was cold, causing some heavy feelings to arise from my chest.

"K-Kate..." I stammered as I called her. She only brought her head up without taking a glance at me, again.

"I don't want to hear any words from you." I saw how she clenched her fist when she said those words. Those words that were like knives incessantly stabbing my heart.

I stood up and walked a few steps, trying to reach her. "H-hear me out, p-please." My voice cracked and I couldn't hide it anymore. I couldn't hide how hurt I am. And I can sense that anytime here, I will lose my sanity.

"J-just stop," she sobbed. The pain in my chest was getting worse as I heard her crying. I want to hurt myself for hurting her emotionally. And for the love of God, I didn't mean to do that to her.

"K-Kate, p-please..." I pleaded one more time. I don't care how desperate I sound right now. I don't care if I break down. I don't care about myself anymore. All I care about is to unleash myself to my walls I built around me, and start showing how I cared for her for a long time.

This is the time to face this. This is the time to embrace this.

"Stop, please! J-just stop!" She finally laid her eyes on me with a pool of tears coming from those. She stared at me as if I was a nightmare that she didn't ever want to have again. "Don't make me fall deeper to you."

I was taken aback when I heard her last sentence. I slightly opened my mouth, as if I'm short of breath. I swallowed hard, trying to calm myself. I can feel that my hands were numb and trembling. And there goes my heart, speared once again by those words. I closed my eyes, and I felt the wetness of those through my eyelashes. That anytime I open my eyes, tears will stream down.

"W-why?" I opened my eyes to look at her again. Tears started to find their own way down my face. I definitely look pathetic now in front of her, but I can't help it.

Bakit ngayon pa? Bakit ngayon pa kung kailan na-realize kong hulog na hulog na pala ako?

"Why?! You're asking me why?!" she exclaimed, as if I'm asking some ridiculous question. "You really don't know?! Or you're acting like you don't know?!" She took a deep breath before continuing on what she was about to say. "D-did you know? Did you know how much it hurts?!" Her eyes were full of resentment, reflecting on what she said. And I can feel it, I really do. "Braylon, tell me, tell me what exactly I am to you?! You are damn confusing!"

I admit, I didn't know... before. But I'm sure I know what you are in my life now.

"Oh, sorry. Why would you tell me if I'm just 'an ordinary'?" she snapped while her tears were unceasingly falling down.

I was stunned when I heard that, lalo na when she emphasized the 'an ordinary'. As far as I recall, that's what I said when I talked to a girl at the party earlier.

"What's so good about that girl, huh?! She's merely like a street person begging for free food!"

"I don't have any plans to like anybody else, especially her. Plus, she's someone who is annoying and foolish."

"Then tell me what exactly is she to you!"

"Are you deaf or do you have a hearing problem? Why would I tell you if you're like her, an ordinary?"