13. Wednesday Part 4 Smiley

POV: Smiley

    Atta boy Roger, I knew you had it in you. Risking your life to save mine. You have earned your vision quest vision. I promise it will be a good one.

The two men didn't shoot. After much confusion, they were able to explain who they were and what they were doing. They had in fact been following Ritu. They worked for the casino whose rogue employees were rigging slot machines. The casino assumed Ritu was involved and they were hoping she might be recruited to help the casino with a sting operation to catch the employees who were ripping them off. The casino had sent these two guys to recruit her. They had placed a tracker on Roger's car when it came out of the car wash and that is how they were able to track it to the trailhead.

They decided to follow the trail. They explained they were being paid by the hour, so why not run up more billable hours. They were willing to put in as much time as it took. They were genuinely puzzled why Roger was putting so much time and effort into avoiding them.

Roger explained to them what had happened to Ritu and Donny and how they were being held captive. He asked if they had phone service and could they contact the police. The men explained that the casino would prefer to minimize police involvement and the bad press that involves. They convinced Roger that with his help, they could rescue Ritu and Donny more safely than if the police besieged the cabin which might result in a tragic outcome. They said the casino would be more than happy if instead of Ritu they brought back one of the men clearly involved with the riggers. Ominously they said they had ways of getting the man to identify and turn on his associates.

Roger and I guided the men back to the cabin. The plan was for Roger to lure the man out of the cabin away from the captives so he couldn't use them as hostages. Once the man was outside, the two men from the casino would move in and restrain him. The hard part would be getting the man outside. Roger had a plan for that.