4. Indigenous Peoples Day Part 2 A Question of Balance

POV: Ritu

    As I was leaving class, I noticed all the posters on the walls around the room. They were pictures of various spirit animals with brief descriptions of their characteristics. I was attracted to one that looked like a cross between an Arctic wolf and a German Shepherd. I realized as I got close enough to read it that it was a coyote. Roger had said that that was his spirit animal. The description was oddly appropriate. Or was it prophetic?

On the poster it read, "Those with a coyote spirit animal are happy and approach all situations with joy. They easily adapt to their surroundings, and don't tend to take things seriously. As a Spirit Animal, Coyote represents trouble, but also good fortune. The coyote as a spirit animal is a teacher of hidden wisdom with a sense of humor. Don't be tricked by the foolish appearances. The spirit of the coyote may remind you to not take things too seriously and bring more balance between wisdom and playfulness."

That description just rang too true. I had to read it twice. A voice inside my head said, "Everyone should." I have been hearing that voice a lot lately. Maybe it is the stress of college life.