1 First Day of Class Part 2 Rewind to Roger's POV

POV: Roger

     "Why me?" I asked myself as I took a seat in the back of the lecture hall. I knew the answer. The judge said I had to start taking college classes as part of my probation. He probably didn't even have the authority to do that. After all, it was just a minor first-time violation for selling pot. And I really wasn't guilty. I was just doing a favor for a friend.

I wasn't going to complain though. The judge could have been harder on me. I'm sure he was just trying to set me on a different path, and I was kind of curious about the entire college experience anyway. Besides, I'd heard this class was a real trip. I thought they meant figuratively; this vision quest thing was beginning to make it sound more literal.

College was different from how I remembered high school. This lecture hall was definitely bigger than my old school's classrooms and there were a lot more empty seats. The building seemed much newer and cleaner. I remember the smell of chalk dust from my old school, peeling paint and old chewing gum stuck where you would least expect it. Yeah, I was probably responsible for some of that gum. Everything here seemed cleaner. College had a fresher smell. Everything seemed fresher, better, especially the babes. They were definitely sexier.

A female voice jolted me from the professor's droning and my own musings, "Professor is it too late to drop this class or at least maybe convince you to change this assignment to something more realistic?" It was that cute Asian chick I spotted on the front row. I always sit in the back just so I can spot such opportunities.

I really liked this girl's boldness, but I wondered why she wanted to drop the class. So far all we knew was that we would have to pair up for some sort of a camping trip. And don't these quests require peyote or something? College might be more fun than I imagined.  

"Professor, does that mean fun like as in imbibing herbs to facilitate our quests?" I asked when the professor mentioned fun.

"Yada yada yada." His answer was a drawn out no and then he told us to find a partner and then he left.

The only way I'm staying in this class is if I can pair up with that Asian babe. I'd better move fast before some other dude makes his move.