24. Good Enough for Now Part 1. Monday Class Again

POV: Roger

    I didn't know if I was supposed to sit next to Ritu anymore or not. I figured the professor would think it was weird if I didn't. So, I did. "Hey," I said as I sat. My stomach was in a knot. I so wanted things back to the way they were. "Did you get your sister off okay yesterday?"

"Hey. No, she decided to stay a few more days." Ritu paused clearly trying to decide something before saying, "She wants to see more of you." That really confused me.

Not sure how to respond, I sort of changed the subject. "You know, we still have work to do on our paper. Would the two of you like to come over to the apartment? You and I could work on the paper. I don't think Donny and Marie would mind entertaining Aastha. Maybe they could fix some kind of dinner or maybe she could sing in a jam session with them?" This was getting very awkward for me. Finally, I broke down, "Ritu, I can't take this. I wasn't ready to rip the band-aid off. I want to put it back on. I want us to be together again.

"Roger, I don't know. I will talk to Marie and see if she wouldn't mind putting something together at your apartment tonight. I'm just saying okay to working on the paper. I need time to see if I can keep my grades up, before I decide on the other."

Yeah, the other was all I really cared about.