8. The Medicine Wheel Part 2 Roger

POV: Roger

    Ritu made her first pull on the slot machine. The reels started to spin. I looked around still curious about that strange interchange I'd had with that floor walker. Typically, casino floor walkers keep an eye on all the games and the people playing them. A casino floor walker is responsible for giving customer service, handing out money after a big win, and watching for cheating or other illegal activities. I guess he was just giving me customer service by being friendly.

"Ding ding ding ding..." Ritu's machine was sounding off. The light on top was flashing signaling a major jackpot. The floor walker came over to check on it. I nearly fainted. This was not just any jackpot. This was a large major jackpot! Maybe not the hundred thousand dollars plus jackpots that only happen to people you don't know. Still, it was twenty-thousand dollars. The floor walker explained Ritu would have to come with him to fill out some paperwork for tax purposes and if she was willing, they'd also like to take some pictures for publicity.

We were led to a back office. They explained the tax implications and gave her a player's card so they could track her losses in the future as they would offset her tax liabilities. They gave her a check for her winnings, and they even offered to provide an escort to our vehicle.

Ritu was completely stunned by it all. As I drove her back to her dorm, all she could say was, "Can you believe it? Can you believe it?" Over and over, she would express her disbelief. The truth is, I couldn't believe it either.

Ritu did give me a kiss on the cheek when I dropped her off at her dorm. Can you believe it? After an evening like that you'd think there would be more. I was hoping for a little more, but honestly, I was enjoying seeing her so happy. It was my best date ever. As she was backing away, she said," You do smell nice."