Chapter 39

Chapter 39

    The spring is warm, and the flowers in the courtyard bloom even more brilliantly overnight.

    When Xu Nian opened the door, she only saw someone pruning the branches and leaves. She didn't pay attention, so she called Liantang over and asked, "Why didn't anyone call me today?"

    Yesterday was a bit late, so she I slept for a while earlier, and now I have missed the time for breakfast with my family.

    Lian Tang was feeding a few koi in the water, when he heard this, he wiped his hands and trotted over, and replied: "Miss, I don't know, shortly after we came back last night, Chengyang Street suddenly flooded."

    Xu Nian woke up halfway from sleepiness, inexplicably thinking about the gift he said last night, could it be this?

    But her face didn't move, she just asked: "Is it serious?

    " A lot of people were buried, Linyi Jun went to save people before dawn, just sent a letter home, saying that most of them have been dug up, and they are investigating, and they will not come back at noon today."

    Xu Nian nodded absent-mindedly, He asked again: "What about my cousin, we have to go to Xu's house later, so we can't delay."

    Sister's words meant that she would not go, and then only she and her cousin would be left.

    Lian Tang: "The imperial examination in March is just around the corner. Young Master Tang is going to listen to the study. He said that he will meet with Miss at the gate of the Xu Mansion later."

    Xu Nian nodded and asked her to go to work, but just as soon as she turned her eyes, He met those captivating eyes.

    Standing on the corridor not far away, Qi Chu held up the lantern that she left behind last night, and said, "Miss really likes the new and dislikes the old. I wanted it so much last night. After one night, I completely forgot about it in Lu I know that."

    Xu Nian patted his stomach, she just came back last night in a hurry and forgot for a while, took it immediately, and replied in a low voice, "It's human nature to like the new and dislike the old, and you will one day sooner or later."

    She thought to herself, in my previous life, it was said that before I entered the palace, you treated your side concubine very well, but you didn't get tired of her afterwards.

    I only hope that when I meet your side concubine in the future, you can think of my kindness to you now and let her less bully me.

    Qi Chu didn't understand where she came from to be so determined. Seeing her fiddle with the lamp, the corners of her raised mouth suddenly flattened. She probably thought that she lowered her head to hide it so that others would not be able to see it.

    "Miss, you can rest assured that as long as Lu Zhi wants the old and new, he will definitely hold it firmly in his palm." Having said that, he slightly curled his lips, and added: "Lu Zhi is not as ruthless as Miss." people".

    Xu Nian raised his head, stared at him for a moment, and wanted to ask him why he was so heartless, but he didn't say anything, but saw Lian Tang bring breakfast, touched his stomach that had been crying, and immediately put the question behind him.

    Qi Chu thought behind her, food is also important, family is also important, and friends are also important.

    There were so many important things that he wanted to destroy one or two of them, leaving her no one to rely on, no one to trust.