Chapter 4

Chapter 4

    It's not that Xu Nian never thought about running away from Qi Chu in her previous life.

    She tried all means, running or hiding, but all her struggles and resistance fell in Qi Chu's eyes, as if she was sending her to death.

    The furthest time she escaped was when she ran out of the city and hid in a village far away.

    It was hidden there, and no one knew about it. She kept her name in incognito for half a month, but Qi Chu did not find her.

    Just when she relaxed her vigilance and was about to settle down here completely, she pushed open the door and suddenly saw Qi Chu sitting in the shadow.

    Surrounded by gloom, his smile didn't reach his eyes, "Concubine Yu, don't come here without any harm." The

    rambling and drawn-out tone rang above his head like the king of hell urging him to order.

    The light and shadow completely dimmed, Xu Nian was terrified, and his feet slipped and knelt down in front of him.

    The line of sight pressing on her body was beautiful and dangerous. She raised her head while begging for mercy, and the blurred jaw she saw gradually coincided with what she saw on the cage car in front of her.

    The coolness climbed all the way along the bend of his legs, like a cold poisonous snake covering his back, Xu Nian clenched his palms tightly, almost eager to confirm if it was Qi Chu.

    After walking a few steps, I suddenly heard a shout from behind: "Nian Nian?"

    It was Father's voice.

    She seemed to be called back to the world, and her stubborn gaze regained some of its former vitality.

    At this time, the people in the cage car seemed to be completely alarmed by the shout, and turned their heads around.

    At that moment, Xu Nian almost held his breath, staring at the man intently.

    All movements became slow to her eyes, divided into tiny fragments that affected her thoughts.

    is it him? If it is him, what should we do?

    She pinched her fingers, afraid that she might not look carefully.

    The cage car got closer, the noise around him faded away, and it was so quiet that Xu Nian could hear his own nervous heartbeat.

    Finally—

    the man turned his head completely, revealing an empty, lifeless face.

    The godless eyes glanced at her casually, and then looked away impatiently.

    Such an ordinary face is not Qi Chu.

    The stone in his heart fell to the ground, and Xu Nian's tense back slowly relaxed.

    Those who have experienced it are whispering:

    "The foreign envoys are really a big battle. Yesterday they transported beasts, and today they transported beast slaves. I heard that they are all prepared for tomorrow's dinner."

    Is this foreign envoys coming to Beijing?

    Xu Niangang let go of his heart and lifted it up again.

    If she remembers correctly, at this dinner party, the foreign country made friends on the surface, but in fact it was a marriage proposal, and there is no princess under His Majesty's knees, so the final marriage candidate fell on her elder sister.