Chapter 79

AN: Thank you all for the 16k views on this story! <3 You all are amazing, and I always love reading your comments. 

It's been such a long time since I have written a story, and with this being my first one in so long, the comments, both funny and constructive criticism has been a great help with motivation. I appreciate you all so much <3 and I look forward to making even more stories. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Where even is your dad?" Eddie asked as he made a bowl of cereal the next morning. I shrugged my shoulders as I watched the coffee brew. I had no clue where my father was. I didn't even want to see him, but he was the one who found Eddie's tape. Did he really find it at a yard sale, or was he the one breaking in? 

So many questions ran through my mind. If he was the one that kept breaking in, why? Why was he doing this? To torment us? I let out a sigh, and leaned against the counter as stress began to build up inside of me. Eddie seemed to notice, and placed the bowl of cereal on the counter. 

"Come here." Eddie said, and wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head on his chest as he swayed us back, and forth gently. "We'll find him, and get some answers, Jules." 

"I just don't know where to even look for him." I muttered against his chest. 

"Maybe your Mom knows?" Eddie questioned. 

There was a good chance she would know where Dad was. He's probably called her recently asking for money, or to take him back since Paul beat him up. I assumed it was Paul, but never got a confirmation on it. 

"Perhaps." I said pulling back from Eddie's chest. I looked up into his brown eyes, and felt comfort wash over me. I could drown in his eyes. "I should call her, and see if she knows." 

"Okay." Eddie said, and gave me a quick peck on the lips. His arms slipped from around me, and he went back to eating his cereal. 

I walked over to the phone, and picked it up. After dialing my mother's phone number, she picked up. I could hear Dustin playing around with Joanna in the background, and a smile came to my face. Dustin was a great Uncle to her. "Hey Mom. How's Joanna?" I asked her. 

"She's great. Dustin is playing with her right now." Mom told me, "Did you and Eddie have fun last night?" 

"Yeah. Last night was fun." I told her, "I... got a question." 

"Yes, Julie?" She asked me. I could hear her tone grow into a worried one. 

"It's about Dad. Do you happen to know where he is?" I asked her, and she was quiet for a second. 

"He's staying in town at the motel, but why are you looking for him?" Mom asked in a hushed whisper. She probably didn't want Dustin to over hear her. 

"I need to talk to him." I told her, "About something."

"Julie you need to becareful." Mom told me, "Your father came to me for money as usual last week. Apparently got himself in some trouble again. That man never learns." 

"What sort of trouble?" I asked her. 

"He wouldn't say, but I got a feeling what ever it is, it's not good." Mom told me, and I let out a sigh. Eddie leaned against the counter watching me as he ate his cereal. I glanced at him for a second seeing the concern on his face. 

"He'll probably ditch town soon then." I told her. That was always something he did. Run away. "But I'll becareful. Eddie will be with me." 

"Okay." Mom said, and we got off the phone soon after. 

"So?" Eddie asked, and drunk the milk from the bowl of his finished cereal. I explained to Eddie what my mother had told me about my dad. He let out a sigh, and shook his head. "He hated me because he thought I was some monster, but look at his rightous ass." 

"Yeah, he's a hypocrite." I told Eddie, "We should get going. Just so we can get this over with."