Chapter 35

When morning came the next day, it felt like I had a rock in the pit of my stomach. I ate breakfast, and waited for Eddie to pick Dustin and I up for school. I was nervous about finals, and now that I could be pregnant... I was stressed that I could barely sleep last night.

Hearing Eddie's van horn honking, Dustin and I got up to leave. "You kids want to get some ice cream after school?" Dad asked us.

"I got this thing with Eddie." I told him, "So I can't."

"What could be so important than getting an ice cream with your old man?" Dad asked.

"School. It's final weeks, so we have a lot to study, and work on." I told him, and he nodded his head, "Got to go. Can't be late."

I rushed out of the house with Dustin and got into the van. "You doing okay?" Eddie asked me as I got into the passenger seat. I nodded my head.

"You two nervous for today?" Dustin asked and Eddie quickly looked at him with wide eyes, "Finals week."

"Oh yeah, yeah. If I don't pass Ms. O'Donnells then I can't graduate." Eddie told him, "Even if I catch up on my missed work."

"Hopefully you get a good grade. Just study all day before your classes." Dustin told him.

"I'll try man." Eddie told him, "What about you, got your finals?"

"Yeah, but I should be fine with them." Dustin told him, "I've been studying with Mike and the others."

Reaching the school, Dustin ran off to find Mike, Lucas and Max. Eddie and I sat in the van for a moment. He grabbed my hand and I looked at him. "You've been very quiet." Eddie told me.

"Just very nervous." I told him, "But I know it'll be okay."

"I love you." Eddie told me as he looked into my eyes.

"I love you too." I told him.

"Now let's go ace those tests." Eddie said with a smile on his face.

"We should study during breakfast." I told him and hopped out of the van.

"Already planning on it." Eddie told me as he walked beside me with his school books, "Been studying them all night after dropping you off at home."

"All night? Did you even get any sleep?" I asked him.

"A bit." He told me, "Dio was up all night as well. He was playing non-stop."

"Did your Uncle get upset about Dio?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"No, he actually was happy to see him." Eddie told me, and held open the front door for me, "Says it's good to have a pet cat. Keeps the rodents away."