Chapter 44

I stared at my mom for a moment debating on what I should do. "Hey, Dustin, and Mr. Henderson, I could use some help in the basement with some boxes." Eddie said, drawing their attention away. 

"Alright." Dad said, and the three of them went to the basement giving me, and my Mom a moment. At least if she does notice the bump, my Dad won't be in the room. I think my mom would be a bit calmer than he would. 

I put the pillow down slowly, and stood up. I wrapped my arm around my mother, and stood there as she returned the hug. "How was your first night here?" She asked, pulling back from the hug. 

"It was good, but I was exhausted after yesterday." I told her. 

"Thought so, which is why I figured we could come help." She told me, "Have you ate?" 

"Yeah. Some left over pizza." I told her, "Got to get some groceries later." 

She nodded her head, and looked to the floor of the room. However, I noticed she looked back at me quickly, and then to my stomach. "Julie." She began, and grew quiet as she stared at me. I rubbed my arm nervously. 

"A-Are you." She began, but paused halfway into her sentence, "Are you pregnant?" 

"I uh, gained some weight." I tried to lie, but I could tell she could see right through it. I let out a sigh, and sat down on the couch. "Yes." I replied quietly. 

"Oh Julie." Mom said, and sat down next to me. She grabbed my hands, and I looked up at her. There were tears coming to her eyes, and the look on her face was of concern. "The stomach bug, and the food poisoning was because of this?" 

I nodded my head. "I wish you had told me you were pregnant." Mom said. 

"I thought you would be upset." I told her, and she patted my hand. 

"I would never be upset over this, because I was in your shoes once. Your father, and I wasn't married at first when I got pregnant with you. Once we found out, we rushed, and got married." Mom told me. I was a bit surprised by what she had told me. I always thought I was conceived on their wedding night. 

"I never knew that. I thought I was conceived on your wedding night?" I told her, and she laughed a little. 

"It was a little lie we had told our parents, and we kept with it." She told me, "Is Eddie the father?" 

"He is." I told her, and she smiled. 

"Does he know?" She asked me, and I nodded my head, "How far along are you?" 

"Uh, about five months." I told her, and her eyes went wide slightly. 

"Five months?" she said, and shook her head. "I can't be mad. I'm just shocked is all." 

"Uh, don't tell Dad yet." I told her, "I don't want him to kill Eddie." 

"I'll tell him later when we are home." Mom told me, and I gave her a look. I didn't want him to know at all. "He needs to know, Julie." 

"Does he?" I asked her, and she nodded her head. 

"It is his grandchild too." Mom told me. I could hear the boys voices coming from the basement, "We will talk more later." 

I nodded my head, and stood up. I walked off to my room, and shut the door behind me. I tossed my shirt off, and grabbed one of Eddie's larger button-ups. I rolled the sleeves up to my elbows, and grabbed a scrunchie. I put my hair into a ponytail, and turned to my bed. The handcuffs still hung to the bed frame. 

"Shit." I muttered, and rushed over to grab them. I toss them into the dresser, and walk out of the room. The boys were in the living room with Mom. They had brought some boxes with them that were labeled bathroom, and bedroom. 

"I'll sort out the bathroom." Mom said, and took a bathroom box with Dad carrying the other two. 

"Come help me sort these books out, Dustin." I told him, and we began to sort through the boxes as Eddie went to deal with some other boxes in the living room. He sat down in the floor, and began to look through them. 

"Never realised how much stuff we actually had." Eddie huffed after an hour of us sorting through boxes. 

"Well it's mostly mugs, and hats." Dustin told him, "How many does your Uncle actually need?" 

"It's a hobby of his." Eddie told him, "How many hats do you have?" 

"Hey, my hats are cool." Dustin told him, and I laughed a little at them. Dustin reached into a box, and pulled out a magazine. He looked down at it, and his face scrunched up in disgust, "Dude, what is this Heavy Metal Magazine?"