Chapter 16

Steve drove as quickly as he could with the legal speed limit. By the time we got there, the sun had set and the fog had rolled in. I hoped Eddie was there at Ricks, and that he was okay. Steve parked the car at Rick Liptons house.

We got out and rushed to the front door. Dustin rung the doorbell, but there was nothing. I looked at the house and saw no lights on. What if he wasn't there?

"Okay. Well, that's settled. I guess he's not here." Steve said as Dustin began to press the button non-stop.

"Eddie! It's Dustin!" Dustin began to shout and knock on the door.

"Great." Steve said as Dustin ignored him.

"Look, we just wanna talk, okay?" Dustin shouted.

"Eddie! It's me Jules." I shouted as well at the house, hoping he would come if he heard my voice, "There's no cops, I swear. We just want to help."

"Shh." Robin shooshed us as she looked through the window. Dustin continued to ring the bell and knock on the door.

I began to walk to the side of the house with Max and saw a building with a light on. "Hey, guys?" Max called out to the group who came over to us. We slowly walked over to the building and looked through the windows with our flash lights. I didn't see Eddie or anyone else there. Dammit. It's a dead end.

Robin slowly walked into the building. "Hello?" She called out, "Is anyone home?"

"What a dump." Steve said as we entered the building, and I rolled my eyes.

I looked around for anything that would show me that Eddie had been there. So far nothing. I let out a sigh, but turned around when Steve began to poke at the boat with an oar.

"What are you doing?" Dustin asked Steve as he jabbed at the tarp.

"He might be in here." Steve told him.

"Then remove the tarp. You could hurt him!" I whispered.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." Steve told me and kept hitting the tarp.

I was about to remove the tarp when I heard Max find something drawing my attention over to the table. "Someone was here." Max told Robin and I as we looked at the table. There were wrappers and beer bottles. I picked up the bottle and sniffed it.

It smelled fresh. "Maybe he heard us. Got spooked and ran." Robin whispered.

"Don't worry. Steve will get him with his oar." Dustin said. I put the bottle down and was about to go over to the boat to take the damn tarp off.

"I know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally, I don't find it funny in the slight." Steve told him as he hit the tarp.

All of a sudden the tarp raised up and Steve was grabbed and pushed to the wall. I heard Eddie screaming as he rushed Steve. I let out a scream of shock as I watched Eddie hold a broken bottle to Steve's neck.

"Eddie!" Dustin screamed out, "Eddie! Stop!"

"Eddie! Eddie!" I shouted along, standing near Dustin. Eddie looked over at us, but kept his hold on Steve with the bottle.

"It's me. Dustin. This is Steve. He's not gonna hurt you, right, Steve?" Dustin said, trying to calm Eddie down.

"Right. Yeah." Steve agreed.

"Steve, why don't you drop the oar?" Dustin suggested. Steve dropped the oar, and Eddie moved the bottle closer. Steve let out a feared groan.

"Eddie, please." I cried out, grabbing my hair slightly. I was worried he was going to accidentally hurt Steve.