Chapter 17

As soon as the sun rose, I was out of bed and dressed. Mom was in the kitchen making breakfast when there was a knock at the door. "Could you get that, Julie?" She asked me and I went to answer the door. Shit. Two officers were standing there. Chief Powell and Officer Callahan. 

"Who's at the door, Julie?" Mom asked, walking out of the kitchen, "Oh, Officers? What can I help you with?" 

"Does Julie Henderson live here?" Chief Powell asked. 

"That is me." I told him. Were they here to arrest me? Question me about the murder? I grew nervous. 

"Is she getting arrested?" Mom asked worriedly, placing her hand onto my arm. 

"No, ma'am. We are here to ask her some questions." Chief Powell told her, and looked at me. "Would you be able to come down to the station with us?" 

"Is it about the murder?" Mom asked him and he nodded his head. 

I glanced at Mom before looking at the Chief. If I told them no, then it would make me look very suspicious. If I went with them, maybe it could help Eddie's case, or make it worse... I knew Eddie was the last person with Chrissy, and why. 

"Uh, yeah. I can go." I told him, and looked back at the hallway where Dustin was. I could see him coming out of his room. 

"What's going on?" Dustin asked us, noticing the cops. 

"Nothing, Dustin." Mom told him, trying to not make him worry, "The nice officers are just wanting to ask your sister about somethings." 

"It's okay, Dustin." I told him, "I'll see ya later." 

I left the house with Chief Powell and Officer Callahan. I got into the back of the cruiser and we went to the station. I was taken back to the interrogation room. "Coffee? Water?" Officer Callahan asked me. 

"Water, please." I told him and fidgeted nervously with the ring on my finger. 

"You're a good student at Hawkins High?" Chief Powell asked me as the questioning began. 

"I would say decent." I told him, which made him chuckle slightly. 

"So you are friends with Eddie Munson correct?" Chief Powell asked me. 

"Yes, since Middle School." I told him. 

"And do you happen to know where he is?" Chief Powell asked me, and I shook my head no. I knew where he was, but I would never tell them. They thought he was guilty, no doubt about it, "Could you respond verbally?" 

"I do not know where Eddie Munson is." I said it out loud. 

"Okay. When was the last time you heard from Eddie?" Chief Powell asked me. 

"The other night after the ballgame." I told him. 

"Did he say anything about Chrissy Cunningham?" Chief Powell asked me. 

"Why are you asking me about Eddie, and Chrissy?" I asked him, putting on a fake confused look, "Are they okay? Is this about the murder?" 

"We just need to find Eddie so we can help get some answers, sweetie." Chief Powell told me, and I frowned, "Did Eddie say anything to you about Chrissy Cunningham?" 

 Officer Callahan appeared with a cup of water, "Thank you." I took a sip of water. "He told me she wanted to buy something from him." I replied to his question.

"Did he say what it was?" Chief Powell asked me, and I nodded my head. 

"No." I lied to him. 

"So she went with Eddie to his house?" Chief Powell asked me. 

"I'm not sure. I left for home soon after he told me. I didn't see Chrissy with him."  I told him. 

"Okay. Thank you, Ms. Henderson for answering our questions." Chief Powell told me.