Chapter 20

AN: At the end of this chapter there will be a Spoiler Alert for Season 4 Vol. 2 of Stranger things. I will be talking about it, and the possible future for this fic.  But over all, the story will most likely take a turn to being AU at some point.

-----------------------------------------------------

Walking through the forest, I could tell that the place was somewhat familiar. Where was the compass leading us? I glanced back to see Max and Lucas, who were making small talk. They were so cute together. 

I felt a hand wrap around my own and looked over to see Eddie. He gave me a small smile and I returned one of my own. I lightly squeezed his hand. We will get through this together. No matter what. 

"Something's happening." Dustin said, running through the forest. Eddie let go of my hand and began to follow after him quickly. 

"Dustin? Can you slow down?" Eddie told him, but he wasn't listening, "Dustin?" 

"Hey, Dusty." I also told him hoping he would listen to me at least. 

"I think we're getting close." Dustin replied looking back at us. Eddie rushed to Dustin and grabbed him so he wouldn't fall into the lake. 

"Watch your step, big guy." Eddie told him. 

"Dustin, you got to be careful." I breathed out, grateful that Eddie saved him from falling in. 

"Oh man." Steve groaned, seeing that we were back at the lake. I looked out on to the lake and let out a sigh. So this is where the gate was? 

"You got to be shitting me." Lucas said as we all stared. 

"Yeah." Eddie told him, "I thought these woods were familiar." 

"Lover's Lake." Robin said, and I shook my head. 

"I can't believe it." I said, and looked at Dustin. 

"This is confounding." Dustin said. 

"There's a gate in Lover's Lake?" Max questioned. 

"Whenever the Demogorgon attacked, it always left an opening. Maybe Vecna's the same way." Nancy said. 

"Makes sense." I told her, even though I never saw a demogorgon in person. Only that giant monster in the mall. 

"Only one way to find out." Steve told us.

"Shit." I muttered, and I followed Eddie to the boat we had hidden. The others followed us and watched as Eddie removed the tarp. Steve and Eddie carried the boat over to the water. 

"Easy." Steve told Eddie as they placed the boat into the water. However, Eddie wasn't very easy to Steve's liking. "I... I said easy, man." 

"Sorry, dude." Eddie apologized. 

"Here you go." Steve told Robin, offering his hand to her.

"Yeah, I'm just gonna do that." Robin told Steve, ignoring his hand, and used both Steve and Eddie's heads as support to get onto the boat, "Thank you." 

"Yeah, that works too." Steve told her as Eddie got into the boat. 

"Wheeler." Eddie said, helping Nancy on to the boat. 

"Thanks." She told him and sat down. 

I walked over to the boat and took Eddie's hand. "You sure you want to come?" Eddie asked me and I nodded my head. There was no way I would leave behind my friends. I felt like Dustin, Max and Lucas would be the safest on shore. I sat down on the boat. 

"Hey, hey, hey, you trying to sink us?" Eddie asked Dustin, stopping him from getting onto the boat, "This thing hold three people tops, okay?"