Chapter 26

Light filled the room when morning came the next day. I let out a small groan as I rolled away from the light with my eyes closed. I let out a hiss as pain shot from my side. I opened my eyes and sat up. I looked down and saw that I was leaking blood through the bandage a bit. I got up and started walking to the bathroom.

I got out the first aid kit, and began to unwrap my sides. I stared at the bite marks on my sides, and frowned. Good bye bikini days... I cleaned the wounds that were healing nicely, and wrapped them with new bandages. I put on a new shirt, and walked out of the bathroom.

Dad was in the living room drinking a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. Mom was gone to work, and Dustin was getting ready for school. I wasn't allowed to go back to school until next Thursday. So my body had enough time to heal and recover.

Maybe it was a good thing, since people still thought Eddie was a murderer, and Hellfire Club was a cult. Was it even safe for Dustin, Mike, and Lucas to go back? Dustin walked out of his room, and I looked at him.

"Have a good day at school." I told him and he nodded his head.

"I'll get your school work for you." Dustin told me and left for school.

With only Dad and I in the house, I went into Dustin's room and listened to Cerebro for a bit. Nothing was going on with the police except some false sightings of Eddie. Some small robberies, and minor crimes.

Nothing interesting at all... I went back to my room and stayed there for most of the day recovering. By Wednesday, I was going crazy being stuck at home with Dad, and Mom. Dustin was the only thing that kept me sane. My wounds had healed up nicely, and I wasn't as sore.

"Where are you going?" Mom asked me as I left my room dressed in a pair of jeans, and shirt with my converses on. I stopped walking and looked at her.

"Out. I want to get some fresh air." I told her. Truthfully, I was planning on biking to Hopper's cabin to finally see Eddie.

"No, you're staying here." She told me and crossed her arms, "I almost lost you."

"You can't keep me locked up forever, Mom." I told her, "I will becareful. I'm just going to go visit Steve at the store. Then I'll be right back."

"I can drop you off." She told me and I let out a sigh. She was being so smothering to me.

"You don't have too, plus I need the exercise. I've been sitting for over a week now." I told her and ran out of the house. I got my bike from the garage and started to ride away from the house. I could hear my mom shouting at me, but I ignored it.

I smiled, feeling the air on my face and in my hair. It felt good being outside and away from my family. I rode through town and frowned at seeing some of the townspeople watching me. I began to pedal faster. 

As I began to ride my bike outside of town, my sides began to burn and hurt more. "Shit." I breathed out, stopping my bike. I hopped off it and held my side. I over did it... "Damnit!" I shouted out and looked at the road hearing music blasting.