Chapter 19

Author Note: This will probably be the last chapter to come out before Volume 2 of Stranger Things is out on Netflix. One more day to go! I'm so excited, and very nervous with what's about to happen. I hope that our boy Eddie does not die! After Volume 2 is out, it might take a few days for the next chapter to come out.

----------------------------------------------

The sound of birds chirping and the tiny waves smacking against the boat awoke me. I sat up in the corner of the building I had slept in and looked around. "Eddie?" I called out quietly while rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I didn't get a response, so I looked at the boat. It was empty. I stood up and walked out of the boat house. The bright sun blinded me for a moment until my eyes fully adjusted. Maybe he went to the house?

I walked around the back of the house and ducked into a bush, seeing two men on a boat fishing. They didn't seem to be paying much attention to the house, so I ran quickly to the door, and slid inside.

"Hey." Eddie said as I walked into the living room. He was sitting on the couch eating spaghetti-o's from a pot, "Want some?"

"You left me in the boat house?" I asked him and sat down next to him.

"You were sleeping peacefully, and might I say you looked very cute." He told me and offered me the spaghetti-o's, "There's not much food left. I asked Wheeler if she could bring some food, but she turned off her radio."

I took the wooden spoon and ate some of the food as he explained. I shook my head, "Maybe something came up?" I told him, "Nancy is usually cool."

"Maybe." Eddie muttered. After we finished sharing the spaghetti-o's, Eddie and I decided to go back to the boat house. He brought the empty can of spaghetti-o's with him.

"What do you plan to do with that?" I asked him as we entered the building.

"Play a little game to pass the time." He told me and sat the can onto the ground.

I went over to the stool and sat down as Eddie began to toss some pebbles into the can. We remained silent through most of it, just waiting for Dustin or someone to radio us. I hope they were okay. I miss my brother, and mom. I know she must be worried sick about me, unless Dustin has been covering for me.

We may not have been seeing eye-to-eye lately, but I still loved her. I let out a sigh and Eddie glanced over at me. I knew he must be missing home and his uncle too. I know his Uncle was worried about him. "I spoke with your Uncle the other day." I told Eddie, "He's worried, but he know's you didn't do it."

"That's good." Eddie told me, and tossed a rock into the can, "At least I can count on him. Di-Did he seem to be okay?"

"For the most part." I told him, and he nodded his head. He went back to tossing the rocks, but stopped when we heard a car. Eddie crouched to a window and looked out of it, while I hopped off the stool.

I got on my hands and knees, and began to crawl over to Eddie. "Shit. It's Jason and his friends." I cursed and Eddie pulled me down away from the window.