Chapter 74

TW: This chapter has mentions of drug abuse. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Julie!" The loud scream came from Robin as she ran into the Family Video store. I looked up from the magazine I had been reading with wide eyes. Was something wrong? It was Robin's day off, and usually she spent her free time far away from the store. Everyone in the store turned to look at her. 

"Robin? What's wrong?" I asked her quickly as she reached the counter. 

"I got them!" Robin said excitedly with a wide smile as her hands smacked the counter. 

"Got what?" I asked with my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What did she get?

"The tickets! To the greatest concert of all time!" Robin exclaimed. 

"I didn't know Corroded Coffin was having a concert." Eddie joked while joining us at the counter. He leaned on his elbow, and rested his chin in the palm of his hand.

Robin rolled her eyes, and looked over at Eddie. "You wish your band was this cool, Eddie." She told him, before looking back at me, "David Bowie is having a concert in California. I snagged the two of us tickets." 

My eyes went wide hearing she had managed to get tickets for the both of us. I instantly grew excited for the concert. "That's amazing, Robin! I'll have to pay you back when I get my pay check next week." I told her with a giant grin on my face. But then I remembered. I had Joanna, and work... Was I able to actually leave Hawkins for a bit? I know we talked about it while the boys were away, but I had said I would think about it. I never truly was able to think about going or not. There has been so much going on. 

"No. Think of it as an early birthday gift." She laughed. 

"Thank you, Robin." I told her. 

"Well I have to go. I'll call you later to talk about details. Vickie is in the car waiting for me. We're going on a da..." Robin began, but stopped herself from saying date. She glanced at Eddie quickly, and then to some near by customers. Eddie was watching her with his casual grin. "Going out on a girls day. Just two friends. Got to go!" 

With that said Robin ran out of the store. I looked at Eddie who watched her run out of the store before turning to me. Did he catch her slipping up? 

"So you got tickets to see Bowie." Eddie said with a smile on his face. 

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should go." I told him, and played with the ring on my index finger nervously, "I can't leave Joanna, and you for Cali. What if Joanna needs me?" I could feel my anxiety rising with each word I spoke. I knew Eddie could take care of Joanna, but I was still scared. 

Eddie hopped over the counter, and grabbed my hands gently. He held them as he looked into my eyes. "I know you're nervous, and scared to leave Joanna, but I think you should go see Bowie." Eddie told me, "I'm still here to take care of Joanna, and if I need help we got our friends. So go have fun with Robin. Otherwise, I'm stealing your clothes, and I'll pretend to be Julie Henderson to just see Bowie. Cause I'm jealous as hell of you right now." 

I laughed at the thought of Eddie wearing my clothes. I could just see him wearing one of my skirts. His words comforted me a bit. There were so many people here who would help Eddie if he needed it. Steve, Dustin, my Mom, Wayne, Joyce, Karen, the party, and the boys. "Just promise me one thing." I told him. 

"That is?" He asked. 

"Don't burn the house down when I'm away, and stay away from the markers." I told him, and he chuckled at the mention of the markers. Eddie drew me into a hug, and I rested my head on his chest. 

"I won't burn the house down, but I can't fully promise on the markers. What if Joanna wants me to draw her a dragon?" Eddie said, and I rolled my eyes. 

"Just don't stick it up your nose. I won't be here to pull it out." I told him, and pulled back from the hug. As much as I wanted to stay wrapped in his arms, we were still at work.