Chapter 18

The sun was setting when I reached Rick Lipton's house. Steve and the others were not there. I saw no lights on in the house, so I ran to the boat house. I barged into the room scaring Eddie. He tripped out of the boat, landing on his back. 

"Gah! Fuck." he groaned and sat up, looking at me, "Jules?" 

My bottom lip began to trimble as I just ran over to Eddie. I dropped to my knees and hugged him tightly. I let out a sob into his shoulder as he held me there. "What happened?" Eddie asked me, but I didn't say anything. I couldn't find the words, and just cried. 

It was horrifying what had happened to Tiffany. It was horrifying, that is what he had gone through with Chrissy. What we were up against, could we even defeat it? Maybe if we had El, but we didn't. 

"I got you." Eddie said, shifting me on to his lap, "Shh. Shh. I am here." 

I wasn't sure how long we sat there on the floor. My head hurt from the crying, and my face burned from the heat. "S-Something happened." I told him and began to hic-up. I laid my head onto his chest, "I-I went to see Tiffany, because she was acting like Vecna victims." 

"Plural? There was another death?" Eddie asked me. 

"Two." I told him and stared into the corner of the boat house. I closed my eyes tightly, remembering the crunch of Tiffany's bones, "Fred, and... and... Tiffany." 

I felt Eddie's arms tighten around me as I let out another sob. I tried to calm down, but it was so hard with that imagery of Tiffany dying. I shook my head. "I-I found her in the forest. She was hiding her fear for a moment from me, and then next thing I know. She's up in the air." 

"And you saw it all." Eddie said, and I nodded my head, "Shit." 

"I-I never saw something like that before." I told him, "It wasn't like the monster at the mall. I didn't see or hear anything when Vecna attacked her." 

"It was the same with Chrissy." Eddie told me, "There was no one, but us in that trailer." After a short pause, Eddie spoke again, "Come on, let's go to the house." 

I stood up and helped Eddie stand. He took my hand and we snuck into the house. We didn't turn on any lights since no one could know we were in the house. I sat on the couch, while Eddie went to the kitchen. 

"Son of a bitch." Eddie cursed after I heard him bump into something. It was hard to see in the darkness of the house. Some of the moonlight beamed in, but it wasn't enough.

"Here you go." Eddie said, returning to the living room with a bottle of beer for us both, "It's the last two." 

I took the bottle and took a big gulp. "Slow your horses." Eddie told me as he sat down next to me. We sat in silence, just drinking our beer. 

"I can't believe this is happening." I told him, and hugged my knees to my chest on the couch. 

"I can't either." He told me and took a drink of his beer, "But it is, and we are stuck dealing with it." 

"Yep." I told him and took a sip of my beer, "Right now we could be on our way to see whatever band you had planned for us to see live." 

"Yeah, now I don't think we ever will be able to do anything..." Eddie said, and I frowned. 

"When all of this is over, Eddie. We can say fuck you to Hawkins and just go anywhere." I told him, "Maybe to Florida or New York." 

"Rockstars in the big apple." Eddie chuckled slightly. 

"It's possible." I told him and downed what was left of my beer. 

I put my legs down and placed the bottle on the end table. I scooted over to Eddie and cuddled up next to him. He wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his chest. I listened to his heart beat as it drew me to sleep. 

When morning came, I woke up alone on the couch with a blanket over me. I looked around, wondering where Eddie was. "Eddie?" I called out in a whisper. Did he go back to the boat house. I stood up and was about to go check when I heard a toilet flush.