Chapter 33

AN: I know the chapters lately probably haven't been that exciting, but don't worry. I got some plans for some excitement soon. 

The sounds of birds outside my window caused me to stir awake. I snuggled into Eddie, wanting to sleep longer. This caused Eddie to slowly shift. "Mm?" He hummed slowly, raising up on his elbows. He looked around my room, looking slightly confused at first as I let out a yawn and sat up facing him on my elbow. 

I gave him a smile as he looked at me, realizing he was in my room. "Morning, sleepy head." I said. 

"Morning." Eddie said and let out a yawn, "What time is it?"

I rolled over and looked at my alarm clock. I frowned, seeing that it was 6:20 AM. We couldn't stay long in bed. We had to get ready, and Eddie had to sneak out before my parents could find him. 

"Six twenty." I told Eddie as I rolled back over to face him. He wrapped his arm around my waist and drew me close to him. He looked down into my eyes and gave me a quick peck on the nose. I laughed a little. 

"You are beautiful in the morning." Eddie told me. 

"Really? I think you need to see an eye doctor." I told him playfully, "My hair is like a bird nest." 

"Much better than this beast resting on my head." He joked. 

"Julie, are you up?" My mother asked, knocking on my door. The doorhandle began to twist as Eddie and I both looked at the door. I got up quickly and grabbed the handle as Eddie rushed to my closet. 

"Yeah, I'm up." I said, opening my door slightly. 

"Is someone here?" Mom asked, trying to look into my room, "I thought I heard you speaking with someone?" 

"Uh, no. All alone. I was just reading some school work out loud. Finals are next week." I told her. She looked at me for a moment, and nodded her head. 

"Okay. Get dressed, I got breakfast made." She told me, and I shut the door making sure it was locked. I let out a sigh and walked away from it. I went over to the closet and opened it. Eddie climbed out and let out a breath of relief. 

"That was close, also cute sailor uniform you got in there." Eddie said, pointing his thumb back at my closet. It was my old Scoops Ahoy uniform. I couldn't bring myself to toss it out.

"And nice boxers." I commented playfully. 

"You like 'em huh?" Eddie asked and wrapped his arms around my waist. He drew closer to him, and I looked up at him. 

"I like them off you." I told him and he chuckled. He lowered his face down to mine and kissed me, but pulled away after a second. Eddie let go of my waist and shook his head. 

"Got to control myself." Eddie said and bent down to grab his pants that lay on the floor, "Or else we're never leaving this room." 

"Would that be a bad thing?" I asked him as he slipped them on, and I noticed the scars on his upper body now. Last night I hadn't noticed. They lined up his sides, and above the hips. They were like mine, but not as bad or many. 

"Not really." Eddie told me and seemed to have noticed me staring at his scars. "Yeah, they're pretty badass huh?" He asked me and I looked up at his face. He gave me a small grin. 

"We got matching battle scars." I told him.

"We should get matching tattoos next time. Less painful." He joked, and I laughed as he picked up his shirt. I went over to my dresser and pulled out an outfit. 

"I can sneak you some breakfast, if you're hungry." I told Eddie as I slipped off my shirt. I glanced at him as he was staring at me putting his belt on. 

"If you can. Will Steve be picking you up for school?" Eddie asked, "I kinda need a ride to the motel. See if Wayne got my van back, and to get a change of clothes." 

"Yeah. He usually comes by each morning." I told him as I slipped on my bra. 

"Allow me." Eddie said, walking over and making me face away from him. He fastened my bra. 

"Thank you." I told him and grabbed my shirt. Once getting dressed, I looked to Eddie, who was sitting on my bed. "Uh, I'll try to eat breakfast quick, and snag you some extra." 

"Okay. I'll meet you outside." Eddie told me. 

I nodded my head, and unlocked my door. I cracked it open and looked around outside of my room. The coast was clear, so I gestured for Eddie to sneak into Dustin's room. He quietly walked into Dustin's room. Seeing him safe, I walked to the kitchen. 

Mom was at the table eating some toast while my dad was drinking coffee and reading the paper. It was quiet without Dustin. I sat down at the table and began to eat my food.