Trunks plummeted down with a kick that was meant to cave Garlick Jr. into the ground, but the Destron monster grabbed the young boy's heel and smacked him into the ground nearby him. Holding on to Trunks' heel, Garlick Jr. rose to his feet only to be greeted with Videl's dashing smash to his face. Another step in cross, then another quick jab that resulted in Trunks slipping from the monster's grasp.

Using the momentum of a backward roll, Videl flipped Garlick Jr. over her back, but instead of merely flipping him, she thrust both her feet into the monster's chest and shot him high into the sky where he couldn't have hurt any more locals. Engulfed in a crystal-clear burst of aura, Videl pursued the monster and pummeled him with her elbows and knees before vaulting over her front and driving her elbow into the top of Garlick Jr's head. The stunned monster grabbed hold of his malformed head that had a grievous indentation on the scalp and thrashed about for a bit in pain.

Videl charged at Garlick Jr. but a gleam in his eyes created a solid cage around the martial artist that imprisoned her and prevented her from pummeling the monster any further. Just as Garlick Jr. began channeling a Death Impact on his right hand, Trunks swooped in over Videl's magical cage with his arms spread to the side, channeling two golden energy spheres. Startled, the Destron monster fired the Death Impact at Trunks instead, but Trunks connected the two charged energy spheres into a single energy wave that swallowed up Death Impact and engulfed Garlick Jr. whole.

Garlick Jr.'s shape began stretching out and becoming more abstract as his limbs severed from his body and vaporized into noxious gas. The monster's jaw elongated as the flowing golden energy wave felt too intense to withstand. Yet, when Trunks' latest attempt at mimicking his father's signature technique subsided, a pleasant hum of an energy barrier spread from the smoke. In just a handful of seconds, the horrific injuries that Garlick Jr. had suffered were repaired by the gas merging with Garlick Jr.'s shape and becoming one again.

"Damn it, if this was the real Final Flash, he'd have been obliterated..." Trunks said in desperation. "Third time's gonna be the charm. Just give me some time to get a breather."

Garlick Jr. extended his hands forward, shooting off ten golden energy beams from each of his fingers that made Videl and Trunks flee for their lives as the skies became cluttered with chain explosions. The pair just barely seemed to flee out of the way but, as they recovered from their terror, a thought occurred to both fighters that maybe splitting them up was the whole point. Garlick Jr. blinked up behind Trunks with a malicious smirk on his face.

Before he could finish the boy off, however, Videl flew in with a kick to the jaw that knocked the behemoth aside. Then she thrust her leg into Garlick Jr.'s gut and knocked him further before transitioning into a flying kick to the chest and vaulting over him for an elbow slam from over the monster's head. Violet energy bursts lit up around Videl's fists as she threw a rapid barrage of punches, each of whom emitted a pulsing energy wave that beamed clean through Garlick Jr's body though left no holes or physical injuries, despite debilitating pain. Appearing beneath the chin of the stunned and battered monster, Videl drove her foot into Garlick Jr.'s chin, nearly beheading him at once while a purple energy pillar engulfed them whole in a resonant blast.

"Thanks," Trunks smiled at Videl when she drew back from the smoke and the debris to return to his side.

"No way I'm letting you get hurt on my watch. You may not like it, but I feel responsible for what happens to you while we're looking for the Dragon Balls together," Videl smiled back at the boy.

"He has to be getting soft now. One more good blow and he'll turn to Destron Gas, I can feel it!" Trunks pumped both of their hopes up with his tiny fists, cheering for them. A nasty snarl came from the settling explosion zone as a handful of yellow energy balls began chasing the two fighters around. As Trunks struggled to outrun them, he noticed that more and more of them began switching on to chasing Videl around. Seeing this as his chance, he vanished.