~ IB: Eat, Love, Maisie

Start from the beginning

“I’m not leaving – this lady isn’t letting me in even if said that my da – friend is already inside!” Maisie argued with the manager.

“Please don’t make me call for security,” said the Manager.

“Excuse you?” 

Seamus appeared and came to Maisie’s side. “She’s with me – I was waiting for my friend, I even had the reservation for Seamus Finnigan.” Seamus told the manager and the concierge. He took off his jacket and wrapped it around Maisie. 

“My apologies, sir,” the concierge turned red in embarrassment. “I’ll show you to your table –”

“No need,” Seamus took a random umbrella from the side. “We’ll be having dinner elsewhere.”

“Sir, if you would like, we could arrange a more private table for you and a complementary wine for the trouble,” the manager said.

“No need, besides, this place is too snobbish for me, don’t you think so, Maisie?” Seamus grinned.

“I think it is,” Maisie smirked. She hooked her arm around Seamus. “Come on, let’s go to that burger truck across the road where they have better customer service… before we go,” Maisie took out her wallet and placed a coin on the counter. It was a knut. “A tip for your service.”

Seamus snorted upon seeing the confused faces of the Muggles and then dragged Maisie out of the place. He put up his umbrella to shade them from the rain, but mostly Maisie. 

“Well, that did not turn out as I hoped,” Seamus sighed. 

“Do you want to go back in?” Maisie raised a brow.

“No, especially not with that perfect exit we just made…”

“Just so you know, I have a dress here in my bag. I was hoping to change in the bathroom, but the woman won’t let me pass the bloody lobby.”

“How about we head to that hamburger place across the street, get some burgers and chips. Pass by a convenient store to get some beer and crisps, and we could have dinner at your place,” Seamus shrugged. “What do you say? Or my place if you like.”

“I like that idea, and we are definitely going to my place – no offence but you still have not gotten rid of that smell in your flat. What is that anyway?” Maisie laughed.

“Potion gone wrong, been making a batch of fire-proofing potions that could repel dragon fire. Which reminds me, I’m going to Scotland and ask Nott to have my potion tested once it’s done.”

“What, you’re going to ask my brother-in-law to have one of his Dragonologists drink the potion and let a dragon spit fire at them?” Maisie snorted.

Seamus shrugged and then laughed. “Not literally like that, how about a dummy or a monkey?”

“Are you trying to get my family to like you or to hate you?” Maisie laughed. “If my niece and nephews even hear you talk about animal cruelty, you will find a dungbomb in your showerhead.”

Crossing the road, the two went straight to the small fast-food truck and bought their food. Along with the six burgers and six chips they bought, Seamus gave Maisie a pretzel to eat on the go. Knowing that she had a long and tiring shift in the hospital. Going to the convenient store, they went to purchase their drinks and for Seamus a pack of cigarettes.

Maisie sighed when she saw the pack. “I am not kissing you smelling that.”

“Does it look like I’m smoking right now?” Seamus rolled his eyes.

The rain was pouring harder when they left the convenient store, and the two were already running to Maisie’s apartment by that time. They arrived at the building just as the sun disappeared, and by that time they were both soaking wet from the rain. Maisie greeted the doorman, Steve, with a friendly smile and giving him one of her burgers and chips.