14. Wake Up Call

Lucy

I was over the moon when I was packing my things to head over to Red Dawn that I had a hard time choosing what items to put inside my suitcase. I was told someone would be sent for the rest of my things, but that hasn't happened. I also wasn't allowed to bring my Jeep and was promised a new car would be waiting for me at my new home. That also doesn't seem to be the case. Living at Red Dawn has not been the fairytale that I had imagined it would be and I'm an idiot for thinking my mother would ever do something to benefit me.

Mom told me every single day from my third birthday that having an Alpha mate was my destiny because I would be a Luna when I turned eighteen just like her.

On my birthday I found out that Eric was my Alpha, but not in the romantic I love you kind of way. He would be forced on me as a chosen mate with the idea we would be an unstoppable power couple because of our titles and genetic background. I wanted to believe it was the best thing could ever happen to me, but now I know the grass isn't always greener on the other side and that mom was full of shit. About everything.

I was naive to believe everything she told me was the truth and spending time in a closed space together proved she never had my best interest in mind. Eric was indifferent about our arrangement, but I couldn't blame him. His hands were tied just as much as mine. Mom didn't stick up for me at any point when Mason would insult me as if I'm nothing. She had the audacity to tell me to do whatever Mason said with a smile to avoid any problems. So much talk about power and strength as I grew up only for her to cower down to a rude ass Alpha wolf who looks like he should have retired twenty years ago. Oh, and yeah, Alpha Jack isn't my real father. She dropped that bombshell on me through mindlink on the drive over too but refused to tell me the man whose nut sack I came from. I've decided I need to make a clean break from her, even if that means I no longer have a family. How do I get out of Red Dawn though?

Eric seems indifferent about our arrangement and was constantly glued to his phone screen the entire time we drove to his pack. He was also as close to the window as he could possibly get that he was basically sitting on the door. My rejected Gamma sat in the front seat with Margaret driving us to our destination. We didn't stop the entire ride, except to refuel and for snacks. My bathroom trips were chaperoned by Alpha Mason, too. He gives off such creepy vibes and made the car ride extremely awkward and uncomfortable. I didn't think things could get worse after our road trip, but they did.

It was dark outside when we arrived, and the moon wasn't full to light up the area. The air feels hot and sticky as it drenched me with sweat on the brief walk from the car to the pack house. It's not something I want to get used to and now I'm afraid that I'm stuck here. Goddess, help me get out of this place.

I was exhausted when we arrived, and Eric and I went to separate room. We wouldn't share a bed until after my Luna ceremony per the rules of old ass Alpha Mason. The attraction I have to Eric is nonexistent, so being near him isn't something I want either. Ever. And now that I experienced the mate bond even briefly, I am sad I didn't run off with Michael when I had the chance, but he's probably just as bad as Mason and Eric even if he's meant for me.

Alpha Mason watched me unpack my belongings like the creeper that he is and grabbed my birthday dress, shredding it with his claws. He said it was a dress for loose women and needed to be destroyed, like my ego. According to his pack rules no she wolf here dresses immodestly, especially the Luna who must remind women of their place within the pack. Although, from what little he said during the drive Red Dawn hasn't had a Luna over thirty years. If I was his fated mate, I wouldn't want to be with him either. How did he even have a son?

I am missing the life I had at Pinewood more and more every day. Life was good there and I had friends, but most importantly, I had freedom. I feel meaningless and am reminded of my status when Alpha Mason pays me a visit each morning.