11. Cup Of Tea

Alpha Jack

Margaret started me on routine soon after she became the Luna of Pinewood by bringing me a hot cup of tea every night before bed. I was never really a fan but drank it to appease her. I actually believed that I loved her for some time. She would say," a nightly cup of tea keeps the bad dreams away."

At first it was easy to believe her and drank the tea especially since I had nightmares of Clara being tortured but over time, I felt the bond between Margaret and me weakening and we began to sleep in separate rooms. Dorothy, Head of the Omegas, started bringing me the tea instead. She was a trusted pack member, so I had no reason to think she was bringing me a harmful beverage. I'm still not sure why I bothered drinking it when we weren't sharing a bed anymore, but one night I fell asleep before having it and felt different in the next morning and so I stopped drinking it from that day forward.

Bruno was becoming stronger and more alert without it, so I gave it to the pack doctor to test its contents. He confirmed I was being poisoned with wolfsbane, which wasn't much of a surprise if I'm being honest. My chosen mate had some skeptical behaviors since I brought her home that I blindly ignored for a long time. I poured my tea down the sink and left the empty cup outside of my room from that point forward, so I didn't raise suspicions to Margaret and have her continuing to believe I was still drinking it.

Thank the Goddess Dorothy was innocent and had no idea it was laced. I would have to find a new head Omega if she knew, and she has worked for the family since I was a pup.

Margaret had Liam on the same night tea routine when he was living here before he headed off to school. That she wolf had been dosing this to us for years to subdue our wolves' senses, but the amount wasn't enough to affect our ability to continue shifting and using Alpha commands.

"Bad wolfie," Bruno chimed with a grunt.

" It's good to be back in full force and have our pup home," Bruno stretches in my mind. I couldn't agree more. We have things to do and a corrupt organization to bring down.

I kept up with my usual behaviors and routine to prevent her from catching on to me. Top warriors were assigned to follow her and report her every move. There were so many things my team uncovered about her. It's quite shocking, actually and I will make sure she pays for every single one of her crimes.

Beta James investigated her past and she has quite the history if I may so so myself. Margaret has a fated mate of Beta rank and he is unaware that Lucy even exists. He also lives at Red Dawn with a chosen mate after his prior pack was dismantled but does not hold a title there. I'm sure it will be fun reunion for them when she shows up there to stay. Her primary role has been that of an assassin, but she used the opportunity to become Luna by tricking me to be her mate.

There is more to her than I ever knew and she's a very vile woman.

After the run I did a sweep through of my territory before I went back to the dining hall. Mark told me how he witnessed Lucy rejecting her fated mate. Stupid girl. The Gamma belongs to Red Dawn, but despite that I walked the young Gamma wolf to the pack doctor to get medications to help with the pain of rejection. After a short discussion, him and I have an understanding for the future. It seems not all of members of Red Dawn are pieces of trash and he wants to leave that territory as soon as he can. He's been made aware of some things Alpha Mason is doing that he wants to part of.

With the wolfsbane completely out of my system I knew Lucy wasn't my pup prior to her shift. Bruno didn't recognize her as his family like he does with Liam since wolves can tell who their family is and isn't and eventually my human mind made the connection too.