30. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Scarlett

Being pampered was the best way to end the night. I wanted to talk to Liam about everything and his apology was thoughtful and showed me that he still cares. Liam and I let it all out and I mean all of it. There was ugly crying, fierce emotional yelling, soft and meaningful apologies, an exchange of one another's viewpoint and the mind blowing make up sex sessions as we merged our souls back together. I yearned for his touch and so did Savvy over the past few weeks and last night we were able to allow our mate bond to flourish as it is meant to. I am completely drunk off the adrenaline and raw emotion between my mate and I that my inhibitions allowed me to hope for a pup to be placed in my womb that very night. Almost.

We had to agree to disagree on a few things and he isn't thrilled that I always want to be able to stand up for what's right and be a part of the cause even if I am pregnant in the future. I wouldn't be able to shift into my wolf because it is just too risky for werewolves and their pups while they are forming. I'm also not ready for the extreme possessive Alpha I love to multiply his mannerisms by a thousand when we find out we are expecting because he will be really smothering then. Although I trust in him not to repeat the behaviors that we discussed last night again.

It turns out Liam isn't jealous of Eric specifically and is only concerned about how they have both made their own journey's up to this point. Eric has had to work for everything he has, essentially from the bottom up, despite his hand in Clover Incorporated due to his father Mason's position before his death. Even though he put himself in danger to support an undercover mission to help the good of all without struggle infiltrating the company what he truly had to work for was the trust of several Alphas and the leaders of the other species because of his surname. Most importantly he had to learn to love and find himself so he could grow. He is alone without a mother and father and hasn't been able to locate his twin sisters yet. He was also rejected by his fated mate when he attempted to reconcile although I'm glad he has been paired with Wendy as a second chance, so I hope they both take it. He has a cousin that is now leading his own pack, Blue Ridge, but he has kept his distance in an attempt keep Brock out of harm's way.

Liam believes he has had it easy because he's always been favored and with everything just handed to him without struggle. He also feels being King was placed into his lap by the Goddess instead of him earning it through some type of course or challenge because he happens to be my mate. He is convinced he has the position of king because he is my mate and not because he is deserving of it because if he wasn't my mate whoever was bonded to me would hold the title. Ultimately, he wants to feel like he is making a difference and is earning the respect and honor of his title and of the people. He couldn't help but became jealous of the strength and power of Eric and how much he has grown. He will always be a little salty he kidnapped me even though he knows his choices at that time were limited and he's been making up for everything since then. Even though I overpowered Alpha Mason if he were my father, I would be afraid of him too.

I had to remind him the Goddess put us together and we are both descendent of Crescent Moon which makes us strong and powerful. It isn't coincidental that the necklace he gave me was his mothers who group up with my father as the Beta's daughter there, so we are meant to be together no matter what and respect is necessary. I'm certain he will back off with his overbearing tendencies, but only time will tell.

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stay in bed and took a hot shower before starting my day to help soothe my sore muscles. Last night I was bending and moving in ways I never have before. Liam tried to shower with me, and I politely refused because there is no way I could physically handle another round of wanted he wanted to do. After getting dressed we settled on a goodbye kiss before we headed out going our separate ways. We had turned off our mindlink during our time together last night and it felt everyone was already trying to contact us as soon as we turned it back on this morning. Even if we want our own time this group is our responsibility, and we cannot abandon them or be unavailable for too long.