51. Begin Again

Scarlett

I'm not sure how I knew what needed to be done while we were facing Elijah. I just did from a burning in my gut some call intuition, so I drank that sweet liquid and handed the rest to Liam to consume. The amount of power I felt coursing through me after I swallowed it down was intense and now Elijah is dead at the mercy of the Goddess Wolf.

I'm grateful I wasn't actually the one to bite off his head while Liam and I shared our wolf form. I curled up in the back of our mind while he ended Elijah's life because killing is something I still can't connect with or get used to about being a werewolf. I'm not sure if killing him means our daily lives will go back to normal or not, but I have decided to live my life in the moment either way. I don't want to miss out on anything especially raising Beatrix since time goes by fast. Time is also fluid and precious in a way that it can be taken away from you at the drop of a hat if I've learned anything from what I have gone through.

I softly laugh to myself at how Elijah ate his words, since love and bonds lead to his ultimate downfall. We defeated him with the weapon his grandparents made, which we thought was the knife, but it was actually us being fated mates and working together for a common goal. The knife is still important as it weakens those with God blood though. It hurts my heart that he wiped out an entire species right in front of me including their children they brought to the fight. That is something I won't be able to unsee. I understand the Lycans attacked us because they thought that was the way they would survive, but all that death shouldn't have happened.

The necklace is intended for me to wear at all times unless Liam and I combine as the Goddess Wolf again. Liam can still shift into Max, but I can't shift into Savvy while I wear it, but she's still inside of my head and I won't lose her again. I'm not sure how that is fair, but I'm not a fan of the huge wolf form Alvis. His name means all knowing, yet he doesn't speak much when he is around, and I personally think three wolves and two humans in one being is a crowd.

"That's right girl, you're never getting rid of me!" Savvy yaps while I slip on my dress for the evening and put Beatrix in a matching outfit. I adore coordinating our clothes and sticking a huge bow on top of her head. Liam makes fun of me of course, but I think he's just a sour sport for not having a little gentleman to match with. I unintentionally place my hands over my stomach letting out a sigh knowing that I won't be able to give him that opportunity, but to me Beatrix is enough, and Liam claims the same.

"Cheer up, butter cup. Why the long face, my love?"

Liam walks through the door in a pair of dress khaki shorts and a solid button up short sleeved shirt. He looks like the definition of the term preppy in his outfit but he's cute, and hot, and he is all mine.

"He's all ours madam!" Savvy interjects.

I shrug my shoulders with a smile and brush it off as nothing while placing my arms around his neck and leaning in for a kiss. Beatrix makes raspberry sounds behind us and says ewww at our public display of affection, and I can't help but laugh. One day she will find her mate and will behave like this with them too, but until then she's my cute little princess.

After a few more kisses we head outside to greet the pack and begin the festivities for the wolves coming of age. There are six of them tonight and I'm excited to see what all their wolves look like and what role they will have within the group. It makes my heart swell with pride to see Pinewood coming together despite the differences in our species and backgrounds. If they are lucky, maybe a couple of them will meet their goddess given mate tonight too.

It is the time I have been wanting to avoid and Liam looks at me with the expression I find irresistible, but I know he's just trying to butter me up to shift with him because he knows I'm not a fan of changing into our combined wolf form. Being dependent on one another is weird and feels like it ties me down in a way, but a mate and Luna's got to do what they got to do, I suppose. I can't sit out on the run because that would be disrespectful for the wolves shifting for the first time tonight.