12. A Vampire, Witch, and Fairy, Oh My

Alpha Jack

I must hand it to Mark for pulling off this celebration. He did well with all the details and tying them together. I'm not sure how he knew Wendy's parents weren't coming tonight, but he had the exact number of placemats set up for our guests. His attention to detail and his keen sense of looking into everything makes him an ideal Beta. He will do well when he takes over for James although his temperament may not be best suited for his future position. He has so much energy and sitting behind a desk may not due it for him.

I personally researched the background on Scarlett's friends and found enough information to allow them on my territory, but there are a few specifics I will have to ask them myself. Her witch friend Wendy and her family didn't seem to exist in the world, but I didn't want to cause alarm without knowing her backstory first and allowed the warriors to let her through the gate. I instructed my warriors to have their guards up and use precautions because witches can have good or bad intentions and some practice dark magic.

Wendy arrived alone sending her parents good wishes that they couldn't attend because her mother wasn't feeling well. She didn't drive up to the gate in a car and arrived to the territory wearing nothing but the party dress and matching shoes on her feet. The guards said she had appeared in a puff of smoke. She is strong enough to use a portal it seems. That sparks my curiosity because from my knowledge witches can only create portals to locations they have previously been to. I haven't allowed her on Pinewood pack land before, but her showing up outside the gate wasn't a reason not to trust her, yet.

Something told me that she shouldn't step foot or see the inside of the pack house, so I ordered two warriors to drive Wendy in the gator we keep at the entrance up the path and walk her through the side gate that leads into the back yard.

I attempted to make small talk with her after she sat down at her place setting. I initially offered my condolences regarding her mother's health and then asked her questions in an attempt to get to know her, but she kept her lips sealed for the most part with one or two word answers.

Werewolf Alpha auras doesn't affect a witches or species outside of our own, so regardless of how disrespectful I feel she is being to Bruno and myself there isn't anything I can do at this moment. She is on my watch list more than ever now with this behavior though because something about her isn't right and it is unsettling.

"Something's seems off about this young witch for sure," Bruno says and I couldn't agree more.

Wendy loosened up a little once Scarlett arrived, offering her a smile and a hug as she wished her happy birthday. When she stood up with outstretched arms to receive Scarlett, I noticed a tattoo on her wrist that looks familiar, but I can't pinpoint how I know it at this moment. I take note of its description, so I can investigate it later for answers. This tattoo will give me more information on Wendy and the Robinson family.

Not even a few minutes later the warriors alert me that the vampire family are at the gate and have been let in without any issues. Once they arrive to the back yard, I take in their appearance. The parents are both tall and slender with pointed chins and noses, while their son is tall, but more solid and muscular. Interesting. There aren't many vampires that are big and stout. They have muscles, sure, but are usually on the leaner side.

I have learned never to judge a book by its cover as I've aged but there is a story there no doubt.

For this celebration to begin we are waiting Mark to show up with the Meyer family. I'm glad to see Scarlett happy among her friends since the pack didn't offer that luxury to her, but I mostly want to see if Scarlett is the white wolf of the prophecy.

"What if she isn't? I haven't been able to connect with her wolf yet" Bruno asks. I tell him to relax because everything will be fine either way and maybe her wolf is shy like her human counterpart.