15. Mystery Guest

Liam

Scarlett moved into my room the night she shifted and turned eighteen. Every night since then has been so wonderful. However, nothing will ever replace the first night we spent together.

It surprised her that I had waited for her, my mate. I didn't take offense to her thoughts as most male wolves are with others before their fated mate comes along. I waited though so she could have all of me, everything.

I could sense her nervousness for our first time. I tried not to show it, but I was nervous too. It felt so right to be with her and as soon as I kissed her my wolf, and I couldn't hold back anymore. We mated several times before marking each other at the end of our first night together officially completing our bond as fated mates. Wearing each other's mark solidifies our bond allowing us to be aware of one another's emotions and wellbeing. We are now complete and each half of us made are into one soul to navigate through life together. The mark we bear on our necks is special too. Only Alpha and Luna of Crescent Moon have this design and I'm curious to see if I have a gift now that I know who my birth mother is.

"She's quite the minx and she tastes like strawberries and cream; yum!" Max purrs.

Scarlett and I haven't left our room, so Max hasn't been able to complete the bond to Savvy yet. I promised him they would run and be together soon as they feel the bond as intensely as our human sides do, if not more so. Dad hasn't disturbed our bonding period, but I know if we don't come out soon, he will make us because we can't avoid our responsibilities forever.

Once we finally emerged from our room the entire pack felt different.

"Son, you and Scarlett will have her Luna ceremony for this Saturday, as well as your Alpha ceremony. The invitations were sent out by Layla last week so they would arrive to the guests on time. You will be taking over this weekend." He says with enthusiasm.

Boy he sure is ready to retire.

Scarlett loses her knees at his words, but I have my arm around her waist, so she doesn't fall to the floor. I think she's so cute when she's embarrassed, and I hope she knows I will always support her.

"Is he sure he's ready to give us control?" Max says in my head. Sensing our apprehension my dad says my wolf and I will be fine as he pats my back and dashes off with a pep in his step, while telling us to go get breakfast so we can get to training with Layla.

"Well, if he is we will be fine, we were born for this hooman, although, I wonder what him and his wolf are so excited about, he was tight lipped and seemed like he was withholding information," Max says to me. Ditto wolf, ditto.

Scarlett and I walk to the kitchen and join the Meyer and the Cel Tradat families for some bacon, eggs, and Dorothy's homemade buttermilk biscuits that the fairies seem to be a fan of because they have drizzled more butter and honey all over their servings. I did hear they have a sweet tooth despite their dainty statures. Then my mind wanders, and I begin to think nothing is as sweet as my strawberries and cream, mmm.

Luca seems happy to be here and is sitting next to Danny rather closely but, the young Gamma doesn't seem to mind. Mark sits next to Marissa who wears his mark on her neck. I didn't notice anything on Mark, but how do fairies claim a mate? I'll ask later to subdue that curiosity.

Scarlett turns to me for a kiss, knocking her fork off the table with her elbow. Luca and Danny both jump up to grab it and make eye contact with each other, quickly getting back to their chairs. That was strange, but good to know her friend Luca is there for her as a friend and as the Pinewood Luna. As for Danny a Gammas brain is wired to serve and protect the Luna at all costs, so for him to jump into action was expected and I would have growled if he hadn't.