21. When Walls Fall

Liam

Scarlett and mom are both back where they belong, and dad is over the moon having his fated mate back. It turns out all that needed to happen was for mom to feel the mate bond when dad touched the block of ice and it melted away. Now that they are back together, they are worse than newly found mates. I grew tired of walking in on them butt ass naked, so I moved them into a house on the territory. It is close to the pack house still, but I had to get them off my floor to keep my sanity. I have seen my dad's backside more than I ever should and I'm not the only one who's walked in on them. I no longer have a desk in my office because of them and I don't eat at the kitchen island anymore either. I also never want to hear anyone say they are going to go read books. Yuck.

"Be patient, hooman" I seriously can't believe he's more chill about not having an heir than I am because most Alpha wolves would be screaming pups pups pups over and over again.

Wendy's aura has changed in a positive way, and I still haven't forced her to pledge her loyalties to me and Scarlett, but she's trustworthy and has nowhere else to go. She attends counseling with Scar and keeps herself busy by working with Lucy on a clothing project they have for shifters. I can tell she's paranoid about everything but is comfortable enough here not that she could leave with that brand on her wrist. She's essentially a social pariah to other covens because of it. I can't imagine how she feels with the betrayal she faced from her parents and the uncertainty of being able to hide from them if she goes outside of our territory.

Michael's great grandfather weirds me out because he looks thirty and is old as hell. He's also one of the biggest perverts I've ever met in my life. He told me he was almost five hundred years old. Five hundred. I wonder if Michael will stop aging too being part witch, but I find that unlikely. Lucy is full werewolf so I'm not sure how that will work, but that is something they will figure out.

Both Michael and Mark are expecting their first pup with their mates, or whatever Mark and Marissa make together. I am jealous, but happy for each of them too. Michael and Lucy are obvious, mostly werewolf, maybe some witchy powers, but they aren't guaranteed because genes do their own thing. What will my Beta couple make? Fairwolf? WereFair? Maybe Mark's pups will have glittery fur because that's the only way I can imagine a fairy werewolf hybrid to look. Or would it have both glittery fur and wings? Purple fur maybe and shiny like Marissa's wings? I don't know, but both their boy and girl will be pretty, no doubt. They will be powerful too with Beta blood and the magic their fairy mom has. Or maybe they will have one fairy and one werewolf since genes can be unpredictable.

Scarlett and I disagree on when to have a pup. She says she isn't ready to have a pup yet and I don't want to force her, but I think as soon as Danny turns eighteen in two months we should start attempting for an heir. The generation that takes over for us needs to be a cohesive team and that is more likely if they are closer in age. Danny isn't extremely younger than I am, but I haven't gotten as close to him as I'd like, and we are only four years apart. I want her to understand that aspect and not focus on how she thinks me, or the unspoken rules of the system are taking her freedom of choice away.

She takes her birth control in front of me at the same time every night, and I know it is not out of spite, but I wish she would stop it already. I've considered exchanging them for placebos, but I know that would be wrong, but Goddess I want a pup so bad. We practice regularly and snuggle afterward until we fall asleep and her loving me is enough, for now at least.

Outside of my own personal affairs there have been several changes within the pack with and an abundance of many new members consisting of different species. New homes have been built to accommodate our growth and the school was moved back onto Pinewood, so it is more protected within our territory lines to keep the students safer..