13. Celebrating Me

Scarlett

I don't know much about fairy customs, or other species for that matter, but being friends with a fairy, witch, and vampire means I should educate myself, so I don't slight anyone accidentally. As Liam's mate I will be Luna soon when he takes over, which terrifies me beyond words. I blush thinking to myself that we will become official by mating and hosting my Luna ceremony. This is all happening so fast I don't know how to acknowledge it yet. Everything is just so crazy that I'm trying to accept who I am based on everything that mom has told me. Everything I knew growing up wasn't exactly a lie, but my mother wasn't completely honest with me either. Now the plans I had for my future are changed too and out of my control. I truly hope I have the ability to choose things for myself from this point forward.

Mark did a great job setting up my birthday dinner as an outdoor venue. It is simple and beautiful, with a rustic theme. There are also no peacocks around! It's crazy he knew my taste without asking me, but he probably asked my mom for help.

Everything is perfect for my birthday. I often sat outside in the backyard often growing up because I enjoy being out in nature and I loved looking at the mountain line. Having my celebration out here is great and I appreciate it much more than having it with the whole pack in the dining hall.

The floral arrangement and the string lights overhead create a beautiful ambience for dinner and the weather is perfect this time of year. I am the last to turn eighteen out of my friend group, but it pays off having a summer birthday allowing for a picturesque outdoor celebration.

I'm beyond glad Alpha Jack let me invite my friends from school and they were able to show up for me! Wendy's parents didn't come with her for some reason, but at least I can still celebrate with her. I also think that it's awesome that the three of us have the same dress on, but in different colors. I need to start paying attention to my mom's fashion sense so I can start presenting myself better. She was a Luna after all and knows what she's doing in the fashion area.

Everyone is getting along well and talking openly with one another, except for Wendy. She is unusually quiet for some reason and isn't quite acting like herself.

"It's pretty weird she didn't come with her parents. She doesn't look like she wants to be here that much either." Savvy mentions.

I brush it off and begin listening in on the conversations around me because I know she is reserved at school too.

I had no idea that Luca was part demon. Now it makes sense why his family lives separately from other vampires and the group at school keep their distance from him. They must be traditional in their views and think that the small amount of demon blood inside him is the worst thing ever. Luca has always been a nice and caring friend, so I can't see him being a monster because of his genetic makeup.

Alpha Jack is taking the time to know everyone and asks the Meyers about their story after finishing up his conversation with the Cel Tradat family.

Mom had mentioned she woke up in a warm room with our Alpha, Beta, and dad having no recollection of how she got there. Murry must have found her near his flock while patrolling the area. Fairies don't involve themselves with the affairs of others often and the Queen ordered him to leave my mom to die. He was banished for doing what he felt was right when he brought her to Pinewood to be with other wolves. As another piece of my family history coming to light, it makes me feel like it truly is a small world.

Alpha Jack teased Mark mercilessly about being a perfect Luna during dinner, but he didn't pay attention to a word he said until he uttered something about him finding his mate. Mark stared at Marissa, and I don't think he was aware of his public display of infatuation toward her. She's a pretty woman and the color of her dress makes her look almost angelic with the way her wings gracefully fall around her.