50. Larger Than Life

Liam

"Scarlett... can you hear me?" Nothing.

Max urges me to try and contact our mate again and we are only half an hour away from Pinewood. I think it is a futile attempt and argue that it isn't going to work while reminding him she doesn't have her wolf anymore. He scoffs at me in response and I try again just for good measure so he will shut up.

"SCARLETT! Can you hear me? Earth to Scar this is your commander speaking."

I purse my lips and sarcastically ask Max if he is happy now when he didn't get the response that he was hoping for. I can't believe he seriously thinks after all this time Savvy is just going to just show back up and Scarlett will be back to her normal self. I'm beginning to feel sorry for my delusional counterpart when,

"Liam why are you yelling at me? That is absolutely no way to get my attention and I'll show you who the commander is when you get home if you don't chill out."

"Do you have anything to say now, hooman?" as he smirks with his tongue hanging out.

I tell her yes ma'am in the politest voice I can muster through my disbelief and that I'll see her soon. Is this the big surprise the Goddess spoke about? I tell Peter to pick up the pace, so we get home faster by a few minutes as I begin to undress causing Mark to look at me with curiosity as he raises his eyebrow. His facial expressions morphs into a glare that screams annoyance when I place a pile of neatly folded clothes in his lap. I jump from the moving vehicle changing into Max as soon as we pass through the gates and running full speed toward home. I am going as fast as my four paws can carry me, so we can determine if this is really happening or not because if so, what happened while I was away for her to get her wolf back?

My beautiful mate is standing outside when I skid to a stop, so I don't knock her down by colliding with her. Although I wouldn't mind that close contact at all. She's surrounded by her friends including that lame ass Phoenix and his twin sisters while the kids run around her in circles. I appreciate the site of her smiling as the kids have their fun with a game of chase and the genuine laughter that she shares between the people she loves. I come up behind her wrapping my arms around her in a warm embrace. My nose automatically finds its way into the nape of her neck as I inhale her yummy scent of strawberries and cream calming me instantly. Goddess, I missed her so much.

I hear the SUV drive up and know Mark and the two warriors have made it. I hear Mark cough behind with my clothes in hand bringing me back to the moment and the realization I'm naked and at full attention with my yummy little mate in my arms. Nudity is normal within the shifter community, but in the moment, I look around the group. No one is batting an eye; the kids are still playing their game of chase and I notice that Argo is staring at Phoenix with a clenched jaw. I can't help but think those are my sentiments exactly my man. Unfortunately, I made eye contact with Avril of all the beings standing out here, which is whatever, but her mouth and attitude aggravate me regardless of how helpful she's been. When did her and Alec get here?

"My, my alpha aren't you large in charge?" she chortles as she backs off as soon as I growl and give her a warning glare. Hmm, that's a new development since she has never backed away from my aura before. "I'm telling you it's the moon water hooman!" Max chimes in. I roll my eyes at his input before getting dressed in point two seconds earning a giggle from Scarlett.

"Tell me everything," we say at the same time as I turn her around to face me after planting a firm and loving kiss on her luscious lips. Ladies first of course, so I motioned for her to go before me as I eagerly listened to everything she had to say.

"And the best part about everything my fluffy red and white Savvy crashed into me and she's back to stay for good although I haven't shifted yet. I can feel her though and we have been talking almost nonstop with one another!"