43. Deja Vu

Scarlett

After I washed my face, I made my way back to the bed and didn't bother calling the doctor or nurse in. The cool water I splashed on me helped calm my nerves slightly, but I wanted time alone to think to figure out why I am here and injured. Most importantly why I don't feel Savvy and she isn't answering me.

I'm unsure how much time I will have alone because somebody will come and check on me every hour or two based on hospital policies. That is unless Liam told them to leave me alone so I could rest as an Alpha order. He isn't here right now, but if I know him, like I do, he will be here soon. He would never leave me alone for too long, but I love my stage five clinger. I can't feel him through our bond though and that's concerning. I don't really feel anything really. Just weakness. Seriously. What happened to me?

I basically grew up believing I was a human and all but knowing Savvy has been a positive change in my life. Despite how brief I've known I am a werewolf I cherish the power and strength from having my own wolf. I'd also like to not feel this pain in my abdomen anymore too, but I mostly value the fact I have a true friend that accepted me right off the bat when Savvy announced herself on my birthday.

Nobody has shown up to check on me and almost three hours have passed by according to the clock on the wall. I know it is nighttime by the moonlight peeking through the curtains and illuminating the tile floor reminding me of the Moon Goddess. I debate pressing the call light because I am feeling more discomfort in my abdomen when I hear the handle of my door being opened. Liam enters my hospital room, and I can't help but smile as I take in his appearance. He's carrying a baby, which is a little odd, but I'm happy to see him regardless. He's familiar even if he's an ass most of the time and I've been annoyed with him often lately. I love him though, truly. He's, my mate and always will be.

I pick up on his nervousness after I give him a hug and ask him whose child is in his arms. I'm not sure why he would react that way to my question, and I've never known him to appear so uncertain. Taking a closer look at the pup, she looks just like him. I know he didn't cheat on me or have a pup with someone else. I would have felt the pain described as if you're splitting in two plus, we both fully believe in the mate bond given to us by our Moon Goddess. I joke about him pup napping only to be shocked when he tells me this cute little pup is ours.

Okay was definitely not expecting that.

Wouldn't I have remembered being pregnant? That's kind of a big deal and you're in that state for months. It's a life changing experience. Literally. I look down at my stomach when he tells me about being shot and needing an emergency caesarean section to keep both me and our pup alive. This makes no sense to me because I don't remember experiencing any of that, but I reach for her to look at the child he claims is ours. She does look like him so much. She's almost a carbon copy, actually.

Liam has no reason to lie to me and I trust him. I peer into this pup's eyes for what seems like a millennium, and I feel a bond developing between us that is calming my nerves. Wolves naturally form an instant bond with their child and maybe that is what is happening to me. Hopefully Savvy is just in a deep sleep until she recovers if I can experience this bond formation. That would check out since we went through a traumatizing experience. I don't understand it fully but there is a connection between this pup and me and I feel protective over this child as I hold her in my arms. Although I don't remember pregnancy or giving birth, I will give him the benefit of the doubt on this. It's a little weird, but if this is our pup, she's, our pup.

Okay, I can do this. It's heavy, but I can embrace this and take in everything he has to say about what I am supposedly missing. And from what he tells me next, it seems to be a lot. What the Goddess?