22. Life of A Luna

Scarlett

I'm pleased to know that Alpha Jack made it, and Clara is back at Pinewood. Her and my mom have been helping me become the best Luna that I can be and for that I am forever grateful. I was born for this since I'm of Alpha blood. I am told it will come more easily to me now that I have fully accepted my heritage but I'm still hesitant in many ways. I have felt different since I came back from Red Dawn and my visit with the Goddess. I am faster and stronger. My Luna voice can be quite scary when I'm putting out a command too.

I have determined it is too weird and can't be coincidental for Liam and me to have a similar dream when he told me about his experience with the Goddess. I yearn for Eden to come back and remedy our inquiries when I call to her because I have more questions than answers. Unfortunately, she's been radio silent since that night and I have still no idea what I'm preparing for.

"You're preparing to be a queen my darling," Savvy purrs. Umm, right. So helpful of you because when I ask her how I'm supposed to be the queen she just sticks her tongue out at my annoyance.

What I do know about myself is that I'm a healer. Go me. I do like it, honestly and I've been taking shifts at the pack hospital so I can use my gift and get away from Liam sometimes. I've taken online courses for both nursing and veterinarian practice to accommodate both sides of the pack too. Fairies, vampires, and witches are closer to human, and we have a handful of those species here that call me their Luna. The pack doctor has been guiding me with hands on experience and he says I'm doing well, but he makes me feel a little weird in a bad way and I'm not sure why. Hopefully he doesn't feel obligated to say that because I'm his Luna, but maybe I truly am doing well with my natural gift. It doesn't drain me as much my first time using it, but I also haven't done healing as extreme as Jack's case. I'm mostly in the labor and delivery ward when I spend time here.

I don't think I can make it a full-time career and be Dr. Luna even part time, but I will help at the hospital as part of my Luna duties to protect and give back to the pack whenever I can. That sounds like a nice title and one I'd like to have though. Doctor Luna. I'll discuss it with Liam. We are equals after all.

He seems to hate when I leave the pack house as it is, and I don't leave the pack territory anymore after that one time I left the border and went to the mall. That was one of the most aggravating things he has ever done. He was concerned I would be kidnapped again and wouldn't stop texting and calling me, so I wasn't able to enjoy shopping or being away from the territory for a couple of hours. Plus, I had two shadows following me around constantly, which I know as Luna I have to have warriors with me, but these guys didn't bother talking to me and have the blandest disposition, ever. Peter is one of their names. All muscle and no personality. The other is Brian, who makes more of an effort, but our conversation topics are limited to football, which I'm not a fan of, and the weather. I didn't realize I needed someone to point out to me that it was cloudy and overcast or raining outside, but whatever.

They were assigned to Wendy at one point but now she's a free witch and no longer needs a babysitter. I have been counseling her and although she is opening up to me, she has a long way to go before she can fully recover. She refused to go the pack doctor again after their first session and I don't blame her since he's creepy and I'm Dr. Luna after all.

Having a package delivered here is such an ordeal for security purposes that I've started letting Lucy design my clothing as of late. She wanted to open a boutique on the territory for clothing since she came back, and she finally had her dream come true. Wendy has been collaborating with her on a line meant for werewolves, so the fabrics won't shred to bits when we shift. We have a new agreement with the pack that absorbed Red Dawn since Eric stepped down so our cotton supply has increased and I'm hopeful that it is something we can create for all werewolves.